Low battery anxiety

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
No low-battery anxiety for me.
It's a mini-computer that does communication. If you are in a situation where the phone is not receiving the signals, the system to hold the calls/messages until reception is possible.
If it is such an emergency, call 911.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely hated that aspect of my iPhone and Sony Xperia Z3... always carrying around a battery bank and USB cable plugged into my phone. Thankfully LG fills the void. Hopefully LG will continue offering replaceable battery designs.

Aren't there quite a few unblocked phones still using replaceable batteries? I don't think many of them offer OEM replacement batteries though.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
My S6 edge battery life is pretty poor. Rarely last me through a day. But i've made some sort of rule to my self : "1 day 1 charge only" to keep me from being addicted to smartphones. If my phone battery died, oh well its my fault for playing games too much.

Posted with ❤Love❤

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My S6 edge battery life is pretty poor. Rarely last me through a day. But i've made some sort of rule to my self : "1 day 1 charge only" to keep me from being addicted to smartphones. If my phone battery died, oh well its my fault for playing games too much.

Posted with ❤Love❤

I envy you... as the parent of an Autistic teenager, life is on red alert. I simply can't unplug, as much as I would like to.

Actually that woman in the linked video screaming and freeking out over her dead battery... looks EXACTLY like my Autistic son when he has his moments, and little problems explode into bigger than life problems.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Kramer, tape a power bank to the back of the phone and connect it. 10,000mAh should be enough for 16 hours (he sleeps sometime, right?) Even 7,500mAh should be more than enough to get through a day.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For me, it's not even so much about "getting through the day". I am always able to quick charge either at work, home or car. And, if I'm out and about I have a 20,000mah power pack.

However, I really resonate to your comment about battery health. I'm a very heavy user, so after six to nine months there is a noticeable decline in battery stamina. After a year it gets to the point where there is an appreciable decline. With my Nexus 6p, I really could keep it given the ever fresh software. However,I see myself swapping the phone this fall since it'll be a year with the battery decline that comes along with age.

At least 90 percent of folks I see use a case, which makes the whole argument about "how great the phone looks naked" mute. Glad LG is still in the removeable battery space. Just wish Nexus was as well.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Kramer, tape a power bank to the back of the phone and connect it. 10,000mAh should be enough for 16 hours (he sleeps sometime, right?) Even 7,500mAh should be more than enough to get through a day.

It sure will be heavy and big phone. Why not just buy a battery case?

Posted with ❤Love❤

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

No need for that, LG V10 OEM batteries are $12. I always carry an extra and just swap it out.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 5 and I definitely don't suffer from battery anxiety...gets me through the day and I still have plenty of juice by the time I'm ready for bed

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have it simply because I always have a way to charger. I have the stock quick charge wired charger at work, a quick charge car charger, and then a wired and wireless quick charger at home.

When one of those don't work I have a 20k+ quick charge battery pack that I can take into places (such as pool tournaments).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I want my device to be at at least 70% when I leave the house. But I charge it overnight, so I just let the battery be what it is during the day. If I have to go out and it's on the low side, however, I will charge it asap haha. But if it drops during the day and I have nowhere to be, I try not to let it get to me.

That's why I loved my BlackBerry devices: the batteries were removable and so if you wanted, you could battery swap. Though I never needed to do that, it was nice to have that option.

Posted via the Android Central App

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't really have it, or at least I don't think so. Half of the time, I never have a charger on me. My current daily driver and my old DD have a day and some on one charge, so I'm usually good with a car charger in the car when needed, or I am already on my way home in general.

I do know that I am playing with fire when I'm going to work or going to be somewhere for a while on a 30 something percent charge, so I usually am prepared.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 4 has been great, the removable batt came in useful after the original battery began losing charge capacity, all I did was email the local Samsung Smart Care, they got me a battery, and contacted me when it arrived, paid very little and simply took out the old and put in the new :)

That said, I do plan on upgrading as I want the Note 6/7 whatever they will call it, and not having a removable battery will suck in the long term, as I do keep my devices for +18months, I see not point in upgrading every year these days.