Hi AC! I'm coming from an iPhone past and currently on Windows Mobile. I'm looking to switch to Google fi and grab a Nexus. My question is would you make the switch now, or wait until the fall if there is a potential for new Nexus devices.

My current contract doesn't officially end until August but I have been considering just swapping my current verizon SIM card over until changing to fi.

Really looking forward to making the jump to Android!
    06-03-2016 09:59 AM
    Welcome.

I'm in a similar position, though Fi doesn't come into it. Buy a Nexus 5X now - the price is favourable at the moment - or wait in expectation of an HTC-made 5" Nexus towards the end of the year, that being one of the rumoured devices. I'm still undecided.

The current Nexus phones are the 5X and 6P....does either of them seem right for you?
    06-03-2016 01:05 PM
    Depends on your budget. If you're looking at a 6P, I'd wait. If you're looking at a 5X, go for it. I strongly suspect there won't be a nexus as cheap as the 5X this year.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2016 01:13 PM
    Hi AC! I'm coming from an iPhone past and currently on Windows Mobile. I'm looking to switch to Google fi and grab a Nexus. My question is would you make the switch now, or wait until the fall if there is a potential for new Nexus devices.

My current contract doesn't officially end until August but I have been considering just swapping my current verizon SIM card over until changing to fi.

Really looking forward to making the jump to Android!
    wait Wait WAIT!

This is the worst time to upgrade during the year as the 1st wave of flagships of the year are now 4-5months old and the 2nd wave for the year are close. The 2nd wave are always better as they are the ones that boost manufacturer results in the final Quarter of the year, which is the holiday quarter due to December.

Wait for the new Nexus flagship. With Google having announced Daydream their new Android VR solution with very high minimum spec requirements, it has been said that the Nexus 6P itself may lose Daydream support once Daydream goes out of Beta, that means the next Nexus will be a true beast, probably have a newer Snapdragon 823 CPU and 4 or 6GB RAM.

The early 2016 phones are already being outdated by late 2016 phones like the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe with Snapdragon 823, 6GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.
    06-04-2016 01:28 AM
    wait Wait WAIT!

This is the worst time to upgrade during the year as the 1st wave of flagships of the year are now 4-5months old and the 2nd wave for the year are close. The 2nd wave are always better as they are the ones that boost manufacturer results in the final Quarter of the year, which is the holiday quarter due to December.
    In the back of my mind that's what I was thinking... the last few months of waiting for a contract to expire are the worst! Looking forward to being contract free this next go around.
    06-04-2016 01:52 PM
    It would depend on your price point, in my own opinion. The Nexus 6P is an amazing phone that would be a great introduction to Android. Of course, if you want to spend less, the 5X is also really good.

In short: you can't go wrong if you go to Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-04-2016 07:03 PM
    Wait...you're too far along to go for it now.
    06-05-2016 08:43 AM