06-14-2016 02:19 PM
38 12
tools
    Curious... Is this apples way to attract non-apple fans? Is it part of their marketing strategy to show others they are willing to be flexible?

Why else would they do this?
    I wonder what permissions have to be allowed?... is this a way for Apple to gain a sneak peak into how Android users use their devices?
    That's the same reason Google makes all their services available on iOS, right? They just want that sweet, sweet data.
    06-11-2016 11:46 AM
    Yep... thats how I am seeing it. Or maybe a paid subscription thing, in addition to allowing them to monitor our usage.
    06-11-2016 11:57 AM
    Rumors are that Apple is also working on money services such as sending money from one iMessage user to another. Kinda what WeChat has been doing for ages only that nobody outside of China really cares. If that were true then multiplying ones potential user base by adding Android to the game would be a rather smart move.

If this turns out to be true it'd be amazing. iMessage and FaceTime are the reasons why I love my iPhone. The only problem I see is that people would have to actively download it from the Google Play Store, which truth be told I don't see happening. If, in the other hand, it would come preinstalled on some devices as part of either the OEMs or the carriers bloatware package it might actually gain a significant user base among Android users as well.
    06-11-2016 06:17 PM
    Rumors are that Apple is also working on money services such as sending money from one iMessage user to another. Kinda what WeChat has been doing for ages only that nobody outside of China really cares. If that were true then multiplying ones potential user base by adding Android to the game would be a rather smart move.

If this turns out to be true it'd be amazing. iMessage and FaceTime are the reasons why I love my iPhone. The only problem I see is that people would have to actively download it from the Google Play Store, which truth be told I don't see happening. If, in the other hand, it would come preinstalled on some devices as part of either the OEMs or the carriers bloatware package it might actually gain a significant user base among Android users as well.
    Smart move though. I feel it would be easier to convince Android users to download iMessage (and join all of their "blue" friends) vs. convincing iOS users to download Hangouts or WhatsApp or Allo.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-11-2016 06:35 PM
    "just say n0, people"
    06-12-2016 08:04 PM
    Maybe I just don't know much about this kind of thing, but iMessage is pure Apple and I don't really see them marketing it to other platforms. I feel like they'd want to keep their products to themselves, so to speak. Even though I choose to overlook Apple and iPhone for my own needs, iMessage is quite good and perhaps Apple doesn't want to give that up by making it available for other platforms.

Of course, BBM is amazing and probably the most underrated messaging app out there, IMO, and BlackBerry made it cross platform (except for Windows?), so I guess you never know.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-12-2016 09:44 PM
    I'd give it a try

06-13-2016 12:20 AM
    iMessage is one of the things that keeps me using an iPhone. If I could have it on an Android I would probably never look back at Apple.
    06-13-2016 09:00 AM
    Imessage is the only thing apple has right over Android right now. I was hoping Google would fix Hangouts by now to make it a better competitor but I guess not. I stopped using my iPhone for a while now buy I did love imessage.

06-13-2016 09:19 AM
    Nothing mentioned so far.
    06-13-2016 01:41 PM
    Lame

06-13-2016 01:51 PM
    So, turns out it wasn't true. Instead we got dancing stickers (hello, China), bubbly effects (hello, China), full screen animations (hello, China), and some other stuff that seems to have been copied straight out of the #1 messaging app in China, WeChat.

Seems to me that Apple wants to get a bigger share of the Chinese market. Which is odd because when I was there it seemed that their market share is already at around 110%. It's either that or I'm simply too old for this s...
    Inders99 likes this.
    06-14-2016 01:33 AM
    Guess I'll be using Allo

06-14-2016 02:19 PM
38 12