Hidden Apps

djchapple

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
A week or so ago I downloaded the (beta version?) Waitrose Quickcheck App onto my Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0.1

Initially the App worked OK but when I tried to use it in store I found that it had disappeared. I checked with a Waitrose employee and his app had also disappeared.

When I search the phone I cannot fins any trace of it. However when I go into settings/applications/applications manager I am told that it IS installed!!!!

If I go to Google play and try to install it I am also told that it is installed and when I select "Open" the app opens.

As it is not listed on the phone I cannot see anyway of deleting it and then reinstalling.

I have sent an inquiry to Waitrose but I have not yet received an answer.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
So the app works everywhere but in their own store?... Do you have all the necessary permissions allowed and location services? Do you have to be logged into the store wifi... or something like that?

djchapple

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I can log into Waitrose wifi OK but I can only open the app by going to Play Store, trying to download the app, being told that it is already installed and then opening it. Once opened I can start to use it even though it is still in beta and very buggy.

Nowhere on the phone can I find any reference to this app which Play Store tells me is actually installed on the phone