This place is fantastic, but after 2 weeks of use unfortunately my Moto X Pure Edition is not :-(

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You guys are an amazing, friendly, helpful group and I'm glad to be a member of this forum :D
Unfortunately my Moto X Pure Edition has turned out to be a 300 dollar pile of steaming dung. Over the last 2 weeks it's done everything but work. I've been fighting with it constantly to get Moto Voice or ok google to work (they won't).....it won't work with my brand new $130 Jabra Motion bluetooth (which works on our other phones fine), or my trusty Motorola H730 (which works on all our other phones fine as well), and has generally fought me in every way to work as a reliable phone.

Basically its working like a 20 dollar Walmart flip phone without the flip phones bluetooth connectivity or reliability. I was on the phone for hours with Motorola tech support (which is awesome btw :) ) they even remotely viewed my phone and checked everything out, but couldn't find any issues with the settings. They said to return it :( After the days I spent fighting it I expected as much :( :( :mad: :mad:

I'm pretty tech savvy, and from what I've experienced over the last 2 weeks with this phone, it seems like a big software failure with android 6.0 and a failure on Motorola's end getting their software to work with android. The phones hardware and specs are good, its the lousy software implementation that's making the phone the steaming pile that it is.

That being said, I've read of too many problems with all brands running 6.0....and I'm too busy to be messing around with a phone non-stop. so I'm either going to pick up an iphone or a cheap windows phone to replace this door stop.

Its too bad, because the Moto X Pure really is a very cool phone. The way Google is going with android though its almost like they're TRYING to give market share away.
Apple must be loving them and Microsoft right about now lol.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You guys are an amazing, friendly, helpful group and I'm glad to be a member of this forum
Thank you very much. I think I can safely speak for the rest of AC that we appreciate that.

That being said, I've read of too many problems with all brands running 6.0....and I'm too busy to be messing around with a phone non-stop. so I'm either going to pick up an iphone or a cheap windows phone to replace this door stop.
I haven't had any issues with 6.0 and Bluetooth myself, but I haven't tested Bluetooth that much, i.e. only 1 device and it worked fine.

Did you update from LP to MM? If so, did you do a reset? Sometimes the framework needs to be rebuilt after a major update like that.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Nope... I think you are making some sweeping generalizations based on one experience with one device and one carrier. Marshmallow has been GREAT on my LG-V10-Verizon. All aspects have been great... speed, reliability, power / thermal management... Knock on wood. I did have to do a factory reset after updating to MM, without it is very buggy not unlike what you are describing. That could be your problem.

I turn OFF the OK google thing, I just find it disturbing.. but it does work very well.

My phone is paired with my moto360 2.0 via bluetooth 24/7. Connection has been spot on reliable and very dependable. Only problem I have (a minor one at that) is the ~20foot range. But thats a limitation with all BT.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys for the awesome feedback as usual :)
You guys are both right...my phone updated from lollipop to Marshmallow right out of the box. I just assumed that such a nice, cutting edge high spec phone would be fine with the upgrade. It turns out I can't return it anyway, so I'm going to do a full factory reset on it tomorrow. I've used it so little I have nothing on it at all app wise, and haven't even customized anything....its bone stock.
Wish me luck and thanks again for the very useful feedback :D ;)

I'll post back and let everybody know how it went.....these forums are about sharing info and helping each other out :)
Maybe this post will help somebody down the road....I know I've already been helped a ton here myself :D

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I usually use wired headphones at the gym, but I used Bluetooth headphones today (LG Tone Pro) and had no issues listening to music.

I've also used 2 different Bluetooth keyboards (one from Microsoft and one brand I don't know that was included with an item I purchased from Swappa).

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys for the awesome feedback as usual :)
You guys are both right...my phone updated from lollipop to Marshmallow right out of the box. I just assumed that such a nice, cutting edge high spec phone would be fine with the upgrade. It turns out I can't return it anyway, so I'm going to do a full factory reset on it tomorrow. I've used it so little I have nothing on it at all app wise, and haven't even customized anything....its bone stock.
Wish me luck and thanks again for the very useful feedback :D ;)

I'll post back and let everybody know how it went.....these forums are about sharing info and helping each other out :)
Maybe this post will help somebody down the road....I know I've already been helped a ton here myself :D

So I factory reset my phone and it did seem to help some issues, but it still isn't connecting to my pretty spendy Jabra bluetooth, which I paid the premium price for thinking it would be an easy to use, high quality, long lasting product. But then I bought my MXPE for the same reasons :confused:

I'm starting to think I'm spending too much money on things :eek:

I will be contacting Jabra to see if they can help. I'm using Moto voice on my phone.....the Jabra headset also comes with its own form of personal assistant, I suspect the 2 are conflicting. My much older Motorola H730 v2.1 headset seems to be working fairly well.....although after much reading and with my own experiences, these phones do seem to have bluetooth issues in general.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Moto did a pretty poor job on 6.0 however 6.0.1 is much better. Hopefully they will release it soon for those who don't like to tinker.