Hello

I could not find a forum for Nexus 7 so I am posting this query in this general discussion forum

I have a Nexus 7 from 2012 and it does not seem to have the capability to make or receive phone calls

However when I put a three G capable sim card it is able to receive and send data. It is also able to show the signal strength and so I am wondering if it is possible for me to setup call forwarding to another phone number which is going to be my mobile

I am not looking to setup call forwarding using voice over IP but just call forwarding using device. I have also got a Samsung S4 Mini and it seems there is a native option to do call forwarding and I was wondering if there is something similar for Nexus 7

I did a quick Google search and everyone seems to be using call forwarding using a voice over IP service which I cannot use

Thank you for any pointers
    07-12-2016 02:19 AM
    Also, there is no Nexus 7 phone. You might have a Nexus 4 or 5 if it's from around 2012.
    07-12-2016 05:53 AM
    If the SIM has a number attached, maybe you can work around it. Most carriers have dial codes which you can call and modify things. People used to have to manually configure forwarding to get Google Voice to handle their voicemail. They are sometimes just *, a two digit code and then the target number

Pop the SIM in a working phone, dial the access numbers and set up forwarding to the other number. Then pop the SIM back into the tablet. Calls should get forwarded at the network level.

You just need to search for the codes for whatever carrier is behind the SIM.
    07-12-2016 06:41 AM
    Thank you for the responses. Nexus 7 is a tablet and not a phone and that is why I am having a problem by not being able to use it for calling and therefore I have to use it for forwarding. I have checked with my career but they could not provide me with any codes and that is why I was stuck with finding a way to natively configure Nexus 7 tablet to forward
    07-17-2016 12:23 PM