phone broke. buy new phone now or later?

dezahp

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 4 that I've been using for the longest time has finally broke when I went to an amusement park. So I guess I'm kind of forced to get a new phone now. I have not been keeping up to date with phones because the past few years I didn't really care about phones or upgrading and was satisfied as long as my current phone was working and still doing what I needed. I want to stick with Google phones and have been looking at the Nexus 5x/6p. However, I'm not sure if I should just buy one of them now or try and wait until the new release of Nexus phones comes out? If I wait, I have a iPhone 4s from a friend that I could use for the mean time. What do you guys think or what would you guys do?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you want to stick with stock, I would suggest grabbing a 5X or 6P! The 5X is actually going for good deals right now, and I believe there was an Android Central article about how it's a good choice for upgrading ATM. It got kind of eclipsed by the 6P in the beginning of the 6P's launch, but this article outlines how it is still a relevant and decent phone to snag right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

dezahp

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I would say wait since you have a 4s to use already. If you find iOS to be annoying, get the 5x.

That's what sucks. I've been using the iPhone 4s for about a day now and I already hate and find iOS to be annoying. There are so many things I can't do and even some stupid little things like removing stock apps or even being able to hide/remove the icons for them on the home screen. I'm thinking I do want to try and wait for new Nexus releases this year but I get OCD with certain things so the things I can't do with iOS has been bothering me pretty significantly.

If you want to stick with stock, I would suggest grabbing a 5X or 6P! The 5X is actually going for good deals right now, and I believe there was an Android Central article about how it's a good choice for upgrading ATM. It got kind of eclipsed by the 6P in the beginning of the 6P's launch, but this article outlines how it is still a relevant and decent phone to snag right now.

I do like the 6P but if the 5x is going for a good enough deal for me to want to get it now then I might do that since I want/hope to try and wait to buy a new phone until new releases this year.

Are there certain sites that have/put up good deals for the 5x?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Check b&h photo (on mobile can't link atm, Google it). I had a feeling this was the case, because iOS is kind of annoying.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That's what sucks. I've been using the iPhone 4s for about a day now and I already hate and find iOS to be annoying. There are so many things I can't do and even some stupid little things like removing stock apps or even being able to hide/remove the icons for them on the home screen. I'm thinking I do want to try and wait for new Nexus releases this year but I get OCD with certain things so the things I can't do with iOS has been bothering me pretty significantly.

I do like the 6P but if the 5x is going for a good enough deal for me to want to get it now then I might do that since I want/hope to try and wait to buy a new phone until new releases this year.

Are there certain sites that have/put up good deals for the 5x?

Be aware the 5x only has 32Gb storage and no SD card option. That alone is a deal breaker for me as my current GS/4-32GB phone has very little space available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01