My Nexus 4 that I've been using for the longest time has finally broke when I went to an amusement park. So I guess I'm kind of forced to get a new phone now. I have not been keeping up to date with phones because the past few years I didn't really care about phones or upgrading and was satisfied as long as my current phone was working and still doing what I needed. I want to stick with Google phones and have been looking at the Nexus 5x/6p. However, I'm not sure if I should just buy one of them now or try and wait until the new release of Nexus phones comes out? If I wait, I have a iPhone 4s from a friend that I could use for the mean time. What do you guys think or what would you guys do?
    07-16-2016 01:32 AM
    I didn't really care about phones or upgrading and was satisfied as long as my current phone was working and still doing what I needed.
    How refreshing!!
    07-16-2016 06:13 AM
    I would say wait since you have a 4s to use already. If you find iOS to be annoying, get the 5x.
    07-16-2016 09:34 PM
    If you want to stick with stock, I would suggest grabbing a 5X or 6P! The 5X is actually going for good deals right now, and I believe there was an Android Central article about how it's a good choice for upgrading ATM. It got kind of eclipsed by the 6P in the beginning of the 6P's launch, but this article outlines how it is still a relevant and decent phone to snag right now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    libra89 likes this.
    07-16-2016 10:19 PM
    I would say wait since you have a 4s to use already. If you find iOS to be annoying, get the 5x.
    That's what sucks. I've been using the iPhone 4s for about a day now and I already hate and find iOS to be annoying. There are so many things I can't do and even some stupid little things like removing stock apps or even being able to hide/remove the icons for them on the home screen. I'm thinking I do want to try and wait for new Nexus releases this year but I get OCD with certain things so the things I can't do with iOS has been bothering me pretty significantly.

If you want to stick with stock, I would suggest grabbing a 5X or 6P! The 5X is actually going for good deals right now, and I believe there was an Android Central article about how it's a good choice for upgrading ATM. It got kind of eclipsed by the 6P in the beginning of the 6P's launch, but this article outlines how it is still a relevant and decent phone to snag right now.

I do like the 6P but if the 5x is going for a good enough deal for me to want to get it now then I might do that since I want/hope to try and wait to buy a new phone until new releases this year.

Are there certain sites that have/put up good deals for the 5x?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-17-2016 05:22 AM
    Check b&h photo (on mobile can't link atm, Google it). I had a feeling this was the case, because iOS is kind of annoying.

07-17-2016 08:53 AM
    That's what sucks. I've been using the iPhone 4s for about a day now and I already hate and find iOS to be annoying. There are so many things I can't do and even some stupid little things like removing stock apps or even being able to hide/remove the icons for them on the home screen. I'm thinking I do want to try and wait for new Nexus releases this year but I get OCD with certain things so the things I can't do with iOS has been bothering me pretty significantly.

I do like the 6P but if the 5x is going for a good enough deal for me to want to get it now then I might do that since I want/hope to try and wait to buy a new phone until new releases this year.

Are there certain sites that have/put up good deals for the 5x?
    Be aware the 5x only has 32Gb storage and no SD card option. That alone is a deal breaker for me as my current GS/4-32GB phone has very little space available.
    07-18-2016 08:07 AM