AUKEY 16000mAh Portable Charger with Quick Charge 2.0 & USB-C Cable

Tronsmart Presto 12000mAh USB Type-C External Battery Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0

Deciding between these 2 power banks for my 6P. The Tronsmart bank seems to fare better on fakespot for having a lower likelihood of fake reviews and seems to support 3A/5V charging. The Aukey one has a higher capacity, but it's rated as supporting 2.4A/5V charging.

My concern is being able to run Youtube, maybe play Pokemon simultaneously without worrying about the phone draining the battery/bank faster than it can be charged.

Any thoughts? Is there a huge difference between 2.4A vs 3A? Will the Aukey's 2.4A charging be fast enough?
    07-25-2016 11:22 AM
    The Tronsmart is the only one with native USB-C support. The Aukey just gives you a micro to C cable. As for charging performance, you're obviously going to get a quicker charge from the native C brick. But that 2.4A rating is the best-case current and you may not be able to see that on your 6P... since it is not QC compliant (QC isn't compatible with the USB-C Power Delivery spec). As for AiPower, no idea what they is, what it needs to work and if it'd even function properly over a micro-C adapter cable.

I'd stick to the native USB-C charger.
    chris9000 likes this.
    07-25-2016 11:47 AM
    The Tronsmart is the only one with native USB-C support. The Aukey just gives you a micro to C cable. As for charging performance, you're obviously going to get a quicker charge from the native C brick. But that 2.4A rating is the best-case current and you may not be able to see that on your 6P... since it is not QC compliant (QC isn't compatible with the USB-C Power Delivery spec). As for AiPower, no idea what they is, what it needs to work and if it'd even function properly over a micro-C adapter cable.

I'd stick to the native USB-C charger
    Thanks for the explanation, guess I'll be sticking with the Trons.
    07-25-2016 11:55 AM