I use to Jailbreak my iPhone because I wanted to free it up from being close. Now that I went over to Android (S7), which more open than iOS, I'm curious whether its worth rooting my phone. Is there other benefits I can take advantage of over a rooted phone versus non-rooted phone? Thanks!
    07-26-2016 12:26 PM
    Depends. There are certain things that can be done with rooting but a ton of things have come to "native" Android now. What're you looking to do?
    libra89 likes this.
    07-26-2016 12:33 PM
    Not sure yet. Maybe get rid of the bloatware.
    07-26-2016 12:37 PM
    Not sure yet. Maybe get rid of the bloatware.
    I wouldn't root just for that. I would just disable those.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    07-26-2016 12:41 PM
    I wouldn't root just for that. I would just disable those.
    Currently I just have them disabled using EZ Disable app.
    07-26-2016 01:07 PM
    Currently I just have them disabled using EZ Disable app.
    Hey Blumini06,

I'm a computer enthusiast (I used to use Linux as main operating system) but was a bit shy about rooting my expensive new smartphone...

A couple of years later I got a new one and decided to give it a try

and

was _very_ disappointed;

indeed, you don't have the bloatware
    indeed, you have 'root' (an app which can give root access to other apps)

but why?

There are a couple of things you can do with a rooted phone
    which you can't do with a non rooted one
    but in my opinion none are worth the risk
    of having a bricked phone.

Furthermore, I can be wrong, but I even think a rooted device is less secure then a non rooted one?

I wouldn't do it...

greetings,

S.
    08-03-2016 06:37 AM
    I have rooted also all the devices that I have had. The reason is bloatware, ad-blocking and others such as use apps that require root etc. I believe that if you do an extensive search about rooting your phone and follow the steps from a reliable source, then there is no fear that something could go wrong and brick your phone. Only once time I had a semi-bricked LG L9 II from my own mistake and I followed a tutorial and unbricked it.
    tori729 likes this.
    08-03-2016 10:19 AM
    My current phone is the first I rooted and it was great that way, although still had problems with battery life (S4 mini). I know there are more options with Lollipop and MM and I'm strongly considering a new phone that I can upgrade to one of those OSs, but I still like root. Specifically because at home I use VoIP and keep my phone on Airplane Mode while I'm home. I use Tasker to automate switching it when I'm home only and to automate things like GPS and stuff that run down the battery, since I tend to like the smaller phones with less battery life.
    I plan on buying a new phone that has an already reputable mod and root so there's little to no chance of bricking, although I never had a problem with my current one rooting it. But I would never try to root or mod a phone if there wasn't enough support and development which is why I usually just buy older model phones.
    08-03-2016 03:57 PM
    Root your phone. And join xda forums they got anything you want from mods to themes to ROMs to what ever. I just supposedly won an IPhone 6 off playstore got any tips I've always been android. The iPhone crowd always seemed kind of illusive but I've seen whole towns that were Steve Job's
    08-04-2016 01:56 AM
    I root just to be able to use AdAway (with the MVPS blocking hosts file) to block ad networks and known malicious Internet stuff. It makes for a much better web browsing experience and helps protect your privacy by blocking tracking bugs/beacons and cookies often embedded on websites. It also helps save battery (and data) as your device doesn't have to work as hard anymore as it no longer connects to ad networks (to pull in and display ads). Since rooting my Note 4 I've seen an additional 30 minutes of screen on time!
    Adguard does the same thing through VPN without root.
    09-08-2016 04:56 PM
    system's hosts file
    This is the single most important thing to me where root is concerned. Many people just don't realize the power the hosts files play in internet use and having a blank hosts file is the pits on unrooted phones... or computers, for that matter!
    09-09-2016 08:20 PM
    Well I never root my phone,I don't free any inconvient about using it
    09-09-2016 09:29 PM
    Well I don't like to root my phone,and I don't free any inconvient about that
    09-09-2016 09:33 PM