Stop the Atnt Tmobile merger - voice your opinion!

xxpolymorphxx

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
the majority of humanity hates ATNT - but how do you stop what feels like the inevitable demise of another company that provides good service for a cheap price? Anyone remember alltel? cingular? or my fave mediaone?? Gobbled by atnt then turned into cesspits of unhappy customers practically raped by corporate america. Want to stop it but don't know what to do?

VOICE YOUR OPINION!! But where?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/5/stop-the-att-t-mobile-sale/

and

Stop Atnt Tmobile Merger | Facebook

and of course a quick call to those paid to represent your voice - just leave them a voicemail!

Contacting the Congress: A Citizen's Congressional Directory

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see anything wrong with the merger. I really want better coverage and that is really one of the main goals in this merger. AT&T is a good cellular provider. If they weren't they wouldn't be the 2nd largest carrier. Everybody is trying to paint AT&T as a Evil company that just wants your money but they are actually wanting this merger to happen so they can give you better coverage. AT&T isn't a perfect company and yes at times they might seem evil but at the end of the day they are trying to make things better for their customers. I dislike their plans and hope that they get better plans but I still don't see them as an evil company. I understand why many customers are angry about this possible merger but it might actually benefit you. Who doesn't want LTE coverage?? If you really don't want this merger to happen then please go and like that facebook page and sign that petition because I think your opinion should be heard, you have that right and NO ONE should ever stop you. I know you have your reasons and that is great, but I just wanted to let you know that this might actually benefit you. I really don't want T-Mobile to slowly vanish because they had the BEST plans out of the 4 major carriers and had great devices but I do want better coverage even if I have good coverage (which I don't) others might want better and more reliable coverage.

Oh, and all those other merges did benefit many (not all but many) people because more towers were added which gave better signal and better coverage. AT&T was fair in many of the mergers. For example, when AT&T merged with Alltel they offered Alltel customers a free phone, and the customers did not have to sign a new two year contract or give up their current plan. AT&T did give you a free choice of phones that were somewhat comparable to the one you had. If you had a smart phone you had smartphones as your free choice. Some of the free choices for customers were the HTC Aria, Blackberry 3G, or the Samsung Captivate. It all depended on what phone you had. AT&T gave you a free phone, you got to keep your plan, and you didn't have to sign a new contract. If there was a phone you wanted that wasn't offered as a free choice you could sign a new contract and then would have to get a new plan. AT&T also added new towers to many areas where they merged with Alltel. AT&T was fair though when the merger was happening. I know that the Alltel merger and this T-Mobile merger are two different merges but hopefully AT&T will do the same with T-Mobile customers.

As I said if you really dislike the idea of these two carriers merging then I want you to sign that petition and like that facebook page because your opinion should be heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaDreamer

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The problem with this merger really has nothing to do with liking AT&T or not. It will create a spectrum duopoly, AT&T will own the entire GSM spectrum which will create a monopoly of sorts for foreign visitors wishing to use there phones. AT&T and VZW will account for a great percentage of all subscribers in the country. With there already expensive rate plans and tiered data systems they will rake in even more money making it hard if not impossible for Sprint and Regional Carriers to gain spectrum. Unless Sprint can takeover some smaller regional CDMA carriers we as consumers will be left with the choice of VZW or AT&T. They will be left to charge what they please and have no reason to improve service with no competition. It is not in the best interests of the public for the FCC, FTC and DOJ to approve this merger.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see anything wrong with the merger. I really want better coverage and that is really one of the main goals in this merger. AT&T is a good cellular provider. If they weren't they wouldn't be the 2nd largest carrier. Everybody is trying to paint AT&T as a Evil company that just wants your money but they are actually wanting this merger to happen so they can give you better coverage. AT&T isn't a perfect company and yes at times they might seem evil but at the end of the day they are trying to make things better for their customers. I dislike their plans and hope that they get better plans but I still don't see them as an evil company. I understand why many customers are angry about this possible merger but it might actually benefit you. Who doesn't want LTE coverage?? If you really don't want this merger to happen then please go and like that facebook page and sign that petition because I think your opinion should be heard, you have that right and NO ONE should ever stop you. I know you have your reasons and that is great, but I just wanted to let you know that this might actually benefit you. I really don't want T-Mobile to slowly vanish because they had the BEST plans out of the 4 major carriers and had great devices but I do want better coverage even if I have good coverage (which I don't) others might want better and more reliable coverage.

Oh, and all those other merges did benefit many (not all but many) people because more towers were added which gave better signal and better coverage. AT&T was fair in many of the mergers. For example, when AT&T merged with Alltel they offered Alltel customers a free phone, and the customers did not have to sign a new two year contract or give up their current plan. AT&T did give you a free choice of phones that were somewhat comparable to the one you had. If you had a smart phone you had smartphones as your free choice. Some of the free choices for customers were the HTC Aria, Blackberry 3G, or the Samsung Captivate. It all depended on what phone you had. AT&T gave you a free phone, you got to keep your plan, and you didn't have to sign a new contract. If there was a phone you wanted that wasn't offered as a free choice you could sign a new contract and then would have to get a new plan. AT&T also added new towers to many areas where they merged with Alltel. AT&T was fair though when the merger was happening. I know that the Alltel merger and this T-Mobile merger are two different merges but hopefully AT&T will do the same with T-Mobile customers.

As I said if you really dislike the idea of these two carriers merging then I want you to sign that petition and like that facebook page because your opinion should be heard. Who am I to try to stop you? No one.

Evil isn't the right adjective to describe AT&T, I think greedy is more accurate. I don't doubt that the merger will allow them to provide better coverage, but how much will I have to pay for that coverage? and what kind of plans will be offered? If I only have a choice between AT&T and VZW then what kind of incentive does AT&T have to offer lower pricing, good customer service or decent devices? VZW already has crazy expensive plans so what will I be able to do? jump from AT&T to VZW where the plans will be just as expensive? A monopoly isn't going to be benefiting me.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Evil isn't the right adjective to describe AT&T, I think greedy is more like accurate. I don't doubt that the merger will allow them to provide better coverage, but how much will I have to pay for that coverage? and what kind of plans will be offered? If I only have a choice between AT&T and VZW then what kind of incentive does AT&T have to offer lower pricing, good customer service or decent devices? VZW already has crazy expensive plans so what will I be able to do? jump from AT&T to VZW where the plans will be just as expensive? A monopoly isn't going to be benefiting me.

Hopefully AT&T will let us keep our T-Mobile plans like they did in the Alltel merger. I am not going to let them take my plan away. I am with the merger only if I get to keep my plan, which I will fight to keep.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how it will affect those who use T-Mo services, like UMA (which AT&T doesn't offer) and what it will do to data usage capacities.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No petition is going to stop this. With how big AT&T already is and how much this will make them, they will pay off the right people to make this happen in a timely fashion. It is only a matter of time before it is complete.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a few questions. Why is everyone upset with ATT and why isn't anyone questioning TMobile for letting them be bought? Why are they rolling over belly up so easy? Think about it.

Any other company if they had the funds would do the same thing. You don't think Verizon, Sprint or Tmobile would do the same if the funds were available or if they thought it would benefit them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante