Hi friends! I am starting my first year of college and am using a Moto G 2013. It is such a trooper, and I feel like an ungrateful person for wanting to upgrade because it does so well still.
    But I think I can benefit from a better camera, multitasking, and newer software. The G is stuck on 5.1.
    So my budget is around $250 USD, the lower the better. What's my best option around that range?

Edit: I have been looking at the OP2, Nextbit Robin, and Nexus 5x

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-31-2016 09:26 PM
    Of those, I'd say get the 5X, since you're guaranteed feature updates for another year and security updates for another two years. OnePlus's record for updates is horrible, and while Nextbit is good for now, there's no telling how long they'll be able to support the phone since they're a new startup.
    07-31-2016 09:34 PM
    The 5x is a good phone, especially at current price. Very good camera, decent battery life, fast fingerprint sensor and nice accurate screen. Amazon has the 32 GB 5x for a bit more than $250.

The Robin has questionable build quality and the OP2 is probably the worst OnePlus phone.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-31-2016 10:06 PM
    I have a Nextbit Robin and I have no complaints. It is a great phone especially for the price. Nextbit is really good with updates, and there support team is stunning. To combat Tom's point that Nextbit is a new startup, I'll tell you that the actual company Nextbit has been around for a few years and has some pretty outstanding mobile phone veterans at the reins, so this isn't necessarily their first rodeo. To combat Sacto's point, my Robin has a few scratches and that is it, but I hate cases and therefore don't use them, so that is to be expected. I personally think the build quality is perfectly fine. Of course plastic isn't as strong as metal, but unless you are really trying to break it, odds are that you won't. All in all, great phone in my honest opinion, and I highly recommend!
    libra89 likes this.
    07-31-2016 10:20 PM
    The 5x is a great buy. If you want a solid device at a good price consider the Moto G4/plus.
    08-01-2016 09:06 AM
    Yeah, the 5x camera is better than the Robin, and yes I have had both. The Robin camera is probably going to be better than your Moto G at this time.
    08-01-2016 10:36 AM
    The 5x is the best overall phone under $300. The g4+ is a great phone too though.
    08-01-2016 10:48 AM
    If I was in your position and had a choice between those devices, I would choose the Nexus 5X. There are articles on Android Central about how it is a great buy at this point in time. And it's stock Android and will still get all the updates. Nexus is a great and reliable manufacturer and you can't go wrong with any device it releases, IMO.

However, this is your choice and you know what would best suit your needs! I would recommend going to the stores and testing out the ones you have in mind - see how they feel in the hand, how they do specific tasks, etc. And watching unboxing videos on YouTube might help, as well!

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

libra89 likes this.
    08-01-2016 10:15 PM
    Thanks for the help/opinions guys!! I think the 5x is a pretty safe bet. I did want a phone with metal construction, but alas, beggers can't be choosers. I'll take a bit of time to make my choice, and head over to best buy and check out the phones.
    Also, any opinion on buying a good condition V10/Note4 from Swappa? Those phones specifically because of their removable batteries so I wouldn't be getting a worn used one.

Morty2264 likes this.
    08-01-2016 10:53 PM
    Nexus 5X followed by a Oneplus 2. Choose the former if you want quicker Android updates. Choose the OP2 if you want longer battery life.
    08-02-2016 08:31 AM
    The V10 is an excellent device, and, IMO, one of the most underrated devices out there. Have heard very good things about it.

Let us know what you decide!

08-02-2016 10:45 PM
    Consider xiaomi phones too for budget devices. They have metal bodies phone even for 100$ phone. They make excellent phones for cheap prices. But its hard to get in US and the UI, MIUI is mixed bag. But you can always download a launcher.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    08-03-2016 05:47 AM
    Just ordered a brand new 5x for 199 on ebay! Hope it turns out alright. Thanks for the input guys.

Tom Westrick and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2016 10:18 PM