Phone recommendations??

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I currently have the original Droid Turbo, which I really like for the most part, although I wish it took better pictures. And I'm addicted to the turbo charging.

But I am looking at getting a new phone. My husband offered to pay for it if I get a Samsung so he can test the Android and Samsung pay for his work. So I looked into them, "on paper" I really like the S7 and S7 Edge, but i am worried about durability with them being glass phones. I'm not real rough on my phones, but I do drop them on occasion.

The Droid Turbo 2 has caught my eye as well since It's an improved version of my phone.

I'd love to hear what everyone here thinks of the current offerings and what they'd recommend.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The only glass backed phone I owned was a Sony Xperia Z3... killed it 6-7 days into my second billing cycle. I am careful with all my things, yet still I managed to break and bend it with a TPU rubber case. Once is enough for me, no glass backs for me again. If you are even the least bit drop-prone, get a good case for it and you should be all set. I have a hard time gripping the Samsung edge phones, without touching the edge displays... so that would further accentuate the need for a case at least for me.

Good Luck though!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are OK with getting a good case as suggested in the post above then you will not need to worry much about the glass. The S7 and S7 Edge are both good devices. I hear good things about both devices. If you get the Edge variant you'll have the larger battery, but will need to deal with the occasional edge swipe as you grip the device. Below are Android Central reviews for the S7 and S7 Edge. If you can wait, then consider the Note 7, which is set to launch in a couple weeks. It's a little larger than the S7 Edge, so something to keep in mind.

S7 - Samsung Galaxy S7 review: The best of all worlds | Android Central

S7 Edge - Samsung Galaxy S7 edge review: Bigger and better in almost every way | Android Central

I would suggest taking a look at this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ph...kings-best-phones-6-1-2016-a.html#post5302800

There is also very good information within the thread, so I would recommend taking a look through it as well.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Edge series are wonderful, but based on your preference for Droid Turbo phones, you may want to get a better look at the successor to your phone - especially if its camera is improved. Watch unboxing and review videos on YouTube to help! :) Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App