Are Android Tablets Done For?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You know what I completely blanked on the Chromebooks, they have definitely become more popular in recent years where I see a few of them here and there on campus at my college. Maybe Googles new "Fuchsia" OS will be the cross between Android tablets and Chrome OS?

Chromebooks are outselling pretty much everything else at the moment. I am sure Tim Cook is besides himself since at last year's WWDC he kind of blew them off as a gimmick little bit of useless junk and dismissed them outright... and now the platform is outselling the Macbook line and gaining steam.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Chromebooks are outselling pretty much everything else at the moment. I am sure Tim Cook is besides himself since at last year's WWDC he kind of blew them off as a gimmick little bit of useless junk and dismissed them outright... and now the platform is outselling the Macbook line and gaining steam.

I mean he is the CEO of a competitive company so he would brush them off. I gave no doubt their low cost and easy management helps contribute significantly to their sales now. Which is good as I contemplated getting one at one time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they're done just yet. Don't know a ton about tablets, but Android tablets can get the job done just as well as an iPad - especially if the person buying them is looking for a deal, or to do the essentials, etc. Sometimes, people buy brand names and they want something that "everyone else has;" so Apple is always a big target.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they're done just yet. Don't know a ton about tablets, but Android tablets can get the job done just as well as an iPad - especially if the person buying them is looking for a deal, or to do the essentials, etc. Sometimes, people buy brand names and they want something that "everyone else has;" so Apple is always a big target.

That and when it comes to tablet accessories and tablet apps Apple tends to win out. Especially when it comes to stylus support now with the iPad Pros

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12