Shield K1, Fire HD, Which for School Use?

Dannirobern

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping to spend no more than around $200, this tablet would be used for school (reading, note-taking), and some light gaming. Ideally it should work with a stylus.

I have a Note 8 and never liked it. Stylus was impractical for taking notes, mediocre battery life, froze/crashed....And less than 2 years after I bought it (refurbished), it stopped charging.

I like the 8-9" size. I'm leaning towards the Shield K1 (but it's sold out everywhere wah), but my Dad keeps recommending a Fire HD tablet, I also have the Asus Zenpad S 8 Z580CA on my list of possibilities. It's really important to me that whichever tablet I get continue to be supported by the company for a long time, and that it lasts.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think if anything, you should get the Fire. Which size? The 7 is pretty reasonable, and if you need it to last, I would get the extended warranty.

Dannirobern

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I like the 8 or 8.9" size.

But I was just reading some reviews on Amazon, and someone said they aren't optimized for active styli. This makes me feel like it wouldn't be good for note taking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay