Need help sprint is canceling a line on my account

mindflux

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
We have been sprint customers since 2001. The other day we get this letter saying that one of the numbers on the account will be terminated. Well its my brothers line. They are saying he has used too much data. All he has been doing with his note 5 is streaming netflix and watching youtube. He has used about 250gb a month on average. They said in the letter that they sent a notice about this "excessive data usage" but the last notice he received about it was in may. We called in may they said even 500gb wouldn't be excessive that as long as you are not tethering you will be fine. I called sprint tonight but they said there is nothing that can be done because they are just a call center and the letter was generated from the corporate office and they couldn't connect me with anyone who could help they just kept giving me the run around.

Has anyone had any experience with this? any help would be much appreciated.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe there is much that you can do. At least, there was nothing I could do when they cut my lines out for "roaming" too much. In fairness, I was roaming about 75% of the time onto Verizon, simply because Sprint didn't have service at my home or work at the time.

That said, 250gb worth of data watching netflix is pretty excessive. I'm currently on t-mobile so I pretty much don't have to watch my data usage for videos. They DO keep track of "counted" data, and "on network" data which counts all the bits that came down to my phone or tablet. I'm hard pressed to use more than 50gb of data, with constant netflix, amazon prime, and music streaming (this is counted between my phone and tablet)

My home internet connection (Comcast/Xfinity 100mb) averages around 200gb/mo. This is with me downloading 3d models to print, 4 kids that each have their own tablets and are constantly on netflix or youtube kids, often times leaving them playing in one room while they have migrated to a different room to play something else.

blakeperez

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Randall Blackburn has worked for several Fortune 1000 companies as a technical writer over the past seven years. He has produced a wide variety of technical documentation, including detailed programming specifications and research papers. Randall has also acquired several years' experience writing web content. Randall lives and works in Austin, TX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21