what phone should I buy?

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The wife just gave a green light to purchase ANY phone I want. I am on Verizon and I would love to hear peoples opinions on what they have available. I have a Nexus 6 and a Droid Turbo 2. I don't want another Droid/Motorola/Lenovo device and I'd like to stay away from Samsung if possible.
I have been looking at the HTC 10 and I'm also waiting to see what the Pixel phones look like.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I definitely agree with waiting to see what comes out this fall - especially if your possibilities are endless! :) However, the 10 and 6P are great options, as well. See what comes out and how you like them, and then go from there. Happy browsing!

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd be willing to also hear reasons why I should consider Samsung or any other android device. Music is big for me and I don't want to stream so memory is important. I am using a Nexus 6 and would like a smaller device but nothing under 5". The Pixel is a consideration but I am reading that Verizon may have a branded version. Does that mean the unbranded version of the Pixel phone will not work on Verizon? How does that effect the updates to a phone that is replacing the Nexus line? I don't have to rely on Verizon to update my N6 which would have given the Pixel the upper hand against all others.

gammerthumbs

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I would wait for Google to announce what phones they are bringing. You have the Nexus 6 and the T2 why are you considering a new phone? That's the nice thing about nexus you don't have to wait for the manufacturer and the carrier to send the updates

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I would wait for Google to announce what phones they are bringing. You have the Nexus 6 and the T2 why are you considering a new phone? That's the nice thing about nexus you don't have to wait for the manufacturer and the carrier to send the updates

I would like to have a fingerprint scanner. And it isn't often I get a green light to get ANY phone I wanted.
I am also not very happy with the T2. Dealing with issues with the screen and Lenovo to get it repaired sucked and I am sure all they did was swap it out with another device which will probably develop the same issue but out of warranty. I like the N6 and it is my daily driver, it is however a big phone and at times I wish It was a tad smaller. I would definitely keep the N6 for backup and sell the T2 once I decide.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
hmm...its sad you want to stay away from samsung?? S7 edge is an awesome device!!!!

they look very nice and I haven't used a samsung phone since the s3. I prefer the "material design" look over Samsung's. That's not a dis. I'm just a bit "ocd" about certain things. I am definitely going to take a look at the edge before I make a decision because I do agree it is a beautiful piece of hardware.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
they look very nice and I haven't used a samsung phone since the s3. I prefer the "material design" look over Samsung's. That's not a dis. I'm just a bit "ocd" about certain things. I am definitely going to take a look at the edge before I make a decision because I do agree it is a beautiful piece of hardware.

Actually now that I have been reading customer reviews of other devices, the S7 Edge is looking better. I need to go to the Verizon store or Best Buy and check them out.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I went by Verizon to check out the devices and the HTC 10 is no longer one of the contenders. I was surprised that I liked the Blackberry Priv as much as I did. No fingerprint scanner is a bummer and honestly would be the only reason I didn't go with it. I wonder if it will see an upgrade in hardware soon. Anyone have the Priv that can recommend?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I went by Verizon to check out the devices and the HTC 10 is no longer one of the contenders. I was surprised that I liked the Blackberry Priv as much as I did. No fingerprint scanner is a bummer and honestly would be the only reason I didn't go with it. I wonder if it will see an upgrade in hardware soon. Anyone have the Priv that can recommend?
If you like sliders it's a consideration.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
If you like sliders it's a consideration.

I was very surprised at the build quality of the slider. It also has the virtual keyboard as well but what was the coolest was the way the keyboard was touch sensitive and it's track pad qualities. I am already running the blackberry keyboard on my Nexus 6 and I love that. The screen was very nice. I am still looking but with the price drop it will be hard to pass up.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I was making a comment on another thread and I may have convinced myself on what phone to buy possibly even before the Pixel comes out. I am currently using a Nexus 6 and to be honest, if I hadn't gotten the green light to buy a newer device I would have been happy with the N6 still. But I am not stupid, a new toy is a new toy. I can grab the Priv now for $400 which I think is a great price. If the Pixel/Nexus ends up being awesome device I can get It when that price has dropped next year as well. I am purchasing outright and It's hard to wrap your head around the idea of paying $700 plus dollars for a device that is going to cost half that or even less in under a years time.

BBUniq01

May 14, 2016
Visit site

I have the Priv and we have two Samsung devices in our home as well as an LGG3. I love my Priv and it has been a solid device. Gorgeous to look at , the expandable memory that you want and with Dtek security. The Hub is now available for other devices so u can install that on ur next or current Android device. The PKB is a dream to use to Web browsing, shortcuts and of course for typing. The one negative would be that u r with Verizon so ur updates will be carrier dependant. Mine was bought unlocked from ShopBlackberry so I get the monthly updates like the Nexus devices do, with minimal bloatware.

Good luck with ur choice and u have a great wife!

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Before you get excited about a S7 edge, check out the available cases. If you are a case person, the appearance of them may dissuade you from going with it.

Like many said i would wait for the Pixel, but if i had to choose a current android device, it would likely be a 6P

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Before you get excited about a S7 edge, check out the available cases. If you are a case person, the appearance of them may dissuade you from going with it.

Like many said i would wait for the Pixel, but if i had to choose a current android device, it would likely be a 6P

The S7 Edge is just too narrow coming from a Nexus 6 and I like going without a case usually. I may wait for the Pixel but that depends on pricing. I don't need the latest and greatest. I haven't gotten hold of a 6p to judge but I hear it is a slick phone and I really don't want another huge phone with a case to make it bigger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11