So a year ago I had the Galaxy s5 and I wanted a new phone so I went to the iPhone. I currently have a 6s and I'm just over it. I'm bored with it. I played with the edge in target and I fell in love with it and I want to get it but I'm second guessing if I should wait for the s8 or just get the s7 edge now?

I would be signing a 2 year contract so that's my reason for debating whether to wait or not.
    09-18-2016 11:53 AM
    I wouldn't commit to an s7 now, I'd definitely wait for the s8 if I really wanted a Samsung device. I'm very happy with my OnePlus 3 after coming over from the iPhone 6. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Google phones personally, even though my OP3 is only a couple months old.
    09-18-2016 12:39 PM
    I should add I also have an s5 as well, work phone. Not a terribly interesting device in my option.
    09-18-2016 12:39 PM
    I wouldn't commit to an s7 now, I'd definitely wait for the s8 if I really wanted a Samsung device. I'm very happy with my OnePlus 3 after coming over from the iPhone 6. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Google phones personally, even though my OP3 is only a couple months old.
    Thanks. I am just so over this iPhone so i'm really wanting something new.
    09-18-2016 01:25 PM
    I was waiting for the restocking of the Note 7 and though about waiting for the new Nexus/Pixel phones. I wondered into a phone shop to check out the new Sony Xperia XZ and X Compact as I am due for an upgrade. Really wanted the Note 7 but once I had the S7 Edge in my hands, I thought that I'm fed up of waiting, traded in my S5 which has been solid for nearly 2 years straight, and got the Onyx S7 Edge. I'm glad I did it even though Samsung have been slow with the software updates. It works for me. Love this screen and look forward to the Nougat update. Marshmallow works for me now until the bugs are sorted in Nougat. If you need a phone get it. You will always be waiting for the next phone to come along. My phone is unlocked so if I change my mind, I can trade in and get the new Google phone when it finally arrives and I've checked out all the reviews. Good luck buddy!
    libra89 likes this.
    09-18-2016 06:46 PM
    The Edge is an amazing series. My mom has the 6 Edge and I am in love with it. So unique and so efficient. I'd recommend watching some unboxing videos and reviews on YouTube before making a final decision (look out for Android Authority - their reviews are also good).

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!
    09-18-2016 10:38 PM
    The Edge is an amazing series. My mom has the 6 Edge and I am in love with it. So unique and so efficient. I'd recommend watching some unboxing videos and reviews on YouTube before making a final decision (look out for Android Authority - their reviews are also good).

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!
    lol I have been on YouTube watching since Friday afternoon lol.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-19-2016 01:49 AM
    I have seen the S7's in the stores and I am impressed -- The most impressive Android phone's that I have seen/messed with.

At this point I would probably wait a couple of weeks and see what Google is coming out with.

Personally, I'm done with buying $600 or $700 phones....
    libra89 likes this.
    09-19-2016 09:01 AM
    lol I have been on YouTube watching since Friday afternoon lol.
    Great! Doing research is a great way to go! But after doing a lot, it may help to take a break from it all and sleep on it for a day or two. Which phone would best suit your needs for two years? I know that's a rough decision to make, but look at it this way:

Do you get the "upgrading itch" after a couple of months into your contract? Which phone would satisfy you enough that maybe that itch wouldn't happen as soon, or as often? You'll be looking at this phone constantly for two years: which phone would you want to look at for that long?
    libra89 likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:04 AM
    I have seen the S7's in the stores and I am impressed -- The most impressive Android phone's that I have seen/messed with.

At this point I would probably wait a couple of weeks and see what Google is coming out with.

Personally, I'm done with buying $600 or $700 phones....
    I've never paid that much for a phone and that's not even close to what I would be paying if I get the s7E. As much as I don't want to I would be getting a 2 year contract. I wish Sprint would get with the program and do the jump like T-Mobile.
    09-19-2016 04:21 PM

Do you get the "upgrading itch" after a couple of months into your contract? Which phone would satisfy you enough that maybe that itch wouldn't happen as soon, or as often? You'll be looking at this phone constantly for two years: which phone would you want to look at for that long?
    I won't lie. I do get the upgrade itch often. I used to always take my moms upgrades back in the day and give her my old phone. When I had my Galaxy s5 I kept that for a little over 2 years and I was fine with it. I only got rid of it last year because it started being very slow and it would shut off on me randomly.

I think if the get the S7E I will know I can't get a new phone because I'll be under contract and I won't be able get something new.

I also feel like I'll still have the opportunity to have kinda like the iPhone still because I have an iPad.

One thing I am worried about that I've been reading is there isn't a good glass screen protector for the phone and that worries me a little. I'm not super clumsy but I have dropped my phone a couple times and I was lucky enough the two times that I did my glass screen protector saved the phones screen.
    09-19-2016 07:23 PM