how do i stop recieving already read notification on my old android phone

markyqc

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
how do i stop receiving already read notification on my old android phone if i have already seen all of those notification on my new phone
my old phone is a Galaxy s3 sgh1747m version 4.4.2 and my new phone is a s5 neo sm g903w version 5.1.1

thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That, unfortunately, depends on the app/service you're using. Some apps don't sync read receipts across devices.

For instance, GMail does, so you will get the notification on all devices, but if you read it or delete it in one, within a couple minutes (depending on your connections), the notification goes away in all devices.

Other apps, like Facebook's Messenger, will not clear the notification if you've read it elsewhere (this seems to be buggy, though, sometimes it does, most times it doesn't... and what's more, even if you didn't have your device ON and you got messages and already read them, most of the time the other devices will still get those flooding in once the device is powered back on).

markyqc

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
its kind of annoying if you haven't use a device in a long time and the phone is like having a strokes vibrating a million time flooding the lock screen

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup. It goes into a seizure fit. No way to stop those, unfortunately, other than revoking access to the device (if possible, again, depending on the app/service) from their website, then re-logging in into the device. That would clear all previous notifications.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Disabling notifications on your old phone should help you resolve this issue. Check the notification settings of the apps which give you notifications of already read messages and disable the option on your old phone.