Android pretty darn secure eh?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Google's Chrome and Android survive hack attacks; Apple falters - International Business Times

The contest's sponsor, TippingPoint, which provides a report to the applicable vendor, detailing the vulnerability and its exploitation, revealed that in the smartphone category Apple's iPhone 4 and RIM's BlackBerry Torch 9800 both succumbed to hackers while Android and Windows Phone 7 stood the test.

Take that Apple fan boys!

LOL! 5 Seconds is all it took to hack an Iphone 4?

And Netflix doesn't want to release an app for us?

Pheew!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Rogue Android app texts humiliating messages

Take that Android fan bois.

I would much rather lose in a close test then having a real Trojan floating around in the real world.

Close test?

5 seconds is all that it took for the Iphone to get raped.

As for the Android virus? That is only if you have downloaded that particular app.

The vulnerable aspect the article is taking about is the smartphones OS.

I'd rather be more concerned about the security of my OS
than an app that "you" actually downloaded and let into your system.

Personally, I haven't even heard of that said app.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Rogue Android app texts humiliating messages

Take that Android fan bois.

I would much rather lose in a close test then having a real Trojan floating around in the real world.

Did you read the article??? There was nothing "close" about the test. Android/Chrome were not cracked, period. Again, win for Linux. This is also why I run Linux distro on my laptop. If you download questionable APKs, remember, you the user GAVE the app permission to do what ever it does! It is not a failure of the OS.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Me and my poor typing skills. You are all correct, it wasn't close at all, the iphone got hacked quickly, but it was a closed test. A user has to go to a specifically crafted web page to be a victim.

So the moral is don't visit strange web sites and don't download cracked apps.

Also you probably want to stay away from the android market :)

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
From a website I was on earlier:

Recently, a pirated android app created a chaos in Android Marketplace and the android apps users. “Android.Walkinwat” is the name of that app which is free to download.

The vary free pirated app is similar to a legit app, "Walk and Text", which is available at official Android Marketplace for $1.54. This legit app enables user to watch live feed using the build-in-camera of the phone itself just after texting.

The pirated app turns into a “Trojan Horse” as soon as you install it in your phone and just after that the pirate is redirected to the legit app in the Android Marketplace. The main task of “Trojan Horse” starts when it sends a text message confidentially to the all the contacts present in the phone.

Text Message: ~

Just after that the user gets this message: ~

Later, a post was added in a blog by AVAST from Czech Republic as a conclusion that all the data from “Android.Walkinwat” app was sent to URL of Incorporate Apps chief executive, Georgi Tanmazov, the developer of "Walk and Text" app also. There were so many rumors that flew around for much time that the pirated app steels the private info as well as the phone numbers and much more. But later all these rumors were called off false by Incorporate Apps.

Its website states, "We are looking into ways of filing a lawsuit against AVAST from CZECH REPUBLIC, company which has a vast interest in spreading fear in favor of their products! We are denied contact to any officials from that company and our calls are being blocked or ignored.”

EDIT: basically the first message was(http://zapp5.staticworld.net/news/graphics/223842-android.walkinwat_original.jpg) telling how they got this app from the market pirated and they should have paid for it. The 2nd message is Application Not Licensed message and "We really hope you learned something from this, please purchase from the Market"(http://mobigyaan.com/images/stories/Writers/Mashhood/Android-app.jpg)

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From a website I was on earlier:

Recently, a pirated android app created a chaos in Android Marketplace and the android apps users. “Android.Walkinwat” is the name of that app which is free to download.

The vary free pirated app is similar to a legit app, "Walk and Text", which is available at official Android Marketplace for $1.54. This legit app enables user to watch live feed using the build-in-camera of the phone itself just after texting.

The pirated app turns into a “Trojan Horse” as soon as you install it in your phone and just after that the pirate is redirected to the legit app in the Android Marketplace. The main task of “Trojan Horse” starts when it sends a text message confidentially to the all the contacts present in the phone.

Text Message: ~

Just after that the user gets this message: ~

Later, a post was added in a blog by AVAST from Czech Republic as a conclusion that all the data from “Android.Walkinwat” app was sent to URL of Incorporate Apps chief executive, Georgi Tanmazov, the developer of "Walk and Text" app also. There were so many rumors that flew around for much time that the pirated app steels the private info as well as the phone numbers and much more. But later all these rumors were called off false by Incorporate Apps.

Its website states, "We are looking into ways of filing a lawsuit against AVAST from CZECH REPUBLIC, company which has a vast interest in spreading fear in favor of their products! We are denied contact to any officials from that company and our calls are being blocked or ignored.”

The link to this story posted in this thread. Second post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC