I figure it'll be more easily seen here than its section, but, I just got a Note 4 last night, it was a Samsung refurbished one apparently, immaculate condition, but I have to wonder, is the Note 4 known for burning through battery power faster than you'd like? It was at 93% when I went to sleep last night, when I got up it had dropped about 7-8%, my Note 2 didn't do that I think, and also, it just seemed like when I was setting things up and the like it went down faster, or maybe I'm just losing it. Its on 6.1.1 Android I believe.
    09-29-2016 12:31 PM
    Setting up a phone can eat up a lot of battery, due to app installations and generally keeping the screen on for longer as you configure things and test things out.

As for the overnight battery use, it might help to see some battery stats. You might want to install GSam Battery Monitor as well to see what your cell signal is like over that time period.

I'll leave your post here, but the Note 4 subforum could give you more specific answers, since that area will be frequented mostly by Note 4 users. Let me know if you want the thread moved.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-29-2016 01:00 PM
    Thanks, also, I dunno WTH, but I'm sitting in my house, with WIFI on, and I play a game for literally 3 minutes, and my power goes from 98% to 94% 4% power loss in barely 3 minutes makes no sense. I even took the battery out and put it back in.
    09-29-2016 01:50 PM
    From where did you get the phone? Directly from Samsung, or through some 3rd party seller? It's possible the battery is old or defective--try a new battery.
    09-29-2016 02:47 PM
    3rd party who'd gotten it recent as a manufacturer refurbish. Maybe they gave him his old battery back? Also, someone said that when you get a new phone and start using it, sometimes it takes a day or two for the power usage to click in?
    09-29-2016 03:00 PM
    That's often because you're setting it up and testing things out. If the battery keeps draining after about a week or so, I'd look into getting a new battery.
    09-29-2016 03:24 PM
    Ok, fair enough. Well, when I go on my vacation next week, I'm bringing extra portable battery and charger.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-29-2016 03:40 PM
    I hope everything works out for you! What helps my battery overnight is also turning off my Wi-Fi and setting it to Silent. Even turn off things like Location... It will all help you save on battery. And bring your display brightness down.

Good luck!
    09-30-2016 10:19 AM
    Well, I found out the issue. The guy when he got this as a replacement from Samsung, kept his old battery in it, for which he apologized to not let me know it was a 2 year old+ battery, so, mystery solved, I'm not losing my mind.
    B. Diddy and libra89 like this.
    10-01-2016 01:04 AM
    The Note 4 is also affected by the VR battery issue, I'd suggest Disabling all VR processes with the Package Disabler app.

The Note 4 generally has very good battery life, but if you use it heavily to game for example the phone can guzzle power, very typical of newer phones with their higher clocked SoCs that can heat up quite a bit.
    10-02-2016 01:54 PM
    It might be that your battery is deffective or some running apps had eaten up your battery power... but most probably it is a defective battery
    10-02-2016 04:47 PM
    No, as I said, it turns out its just a old battery.
    10-02-2016 07:26 PM
    Well, I found out the issue. The guy when he got this as a replacement from Samsung, kept his old battery in it, for which he apologized to not let me know it was a 2 year old+ battery, so, mystery solved, I'm not losing my mind.
    I missed this, apologies! That is great. Yep, after 2years the battery must have been battered!

Did you manage to get a new one?
    10-03-2016 04:24 PM
    Not yet, I'm going to get it after I come back from vacation. Between a extra charger cable and a portable battery I should be fine.
    10-03-2016 11:58 PM