Size. Matters.

Master of Surgery

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
5.2 seems to be my sweet spot as far as comfort, management and pocketability (is that even a word?).

It's a shame that all these new, exciting flagships are all teasing around the 6 inch + range. Honestly, I struggle with anything that big.

What's YOUR sweet spot?

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
5'2 seems to be my sweet spot as far as comfort, management and pocketability (is that even a word?).

It's a shame that all these new, exciting flagships are all teasing around the 6 inch + range. Honestly, I struggle with anything that big.

What's YOUR sweet spot?

iPhone 7, Galaxy S7, and Pixel are closer to 5" than 6".

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Everybody wants a phone that feels good in the hand as you bury your face in it. At the same time, powerful, lasting all day, and with plenty of internal RAM.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I prefer 5.5" max I think, and 5.2" (the size of my Nexus 5, I believe) was also a very good size. If a phone is too big, I won't be able to hold it properly. I've kind of wanted to try something as big as the Nexus 6P, but I don't think I'd be able to hold it as well/be able to carry it around in my pockets, purse (I already have too much in there!), etc.

Master of Surgery

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I prefer 5.5" max I think, and 5.2" (the size of my Nexus 5, I believe) was also a very good size. If a phone is too big, I won't be able to hold it properly. I've kind of wanted to try something as big as the Nexus 6P, but I don't think I'd be able to hold it as well/be able to carry it around in my pockets, purse (I already have too much in there!), etc.

I agree. 5'2 is really what I've found to be the perfect size for me and my pockets. I've had the Huawei 6P and it's a fantastic device but .... Just too big for me. Also, sounds like you need a bigger purse ;)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree. 5'2 is really what I've found to be the perfect size for me and my pockets. I've had the Huawei 6P and it's a fantastic device but .... Just too big for me. Also, sounds like you need a bigger purse ;)

Yes! The bigger phones have a great allure but their practicality for some users just isn't there. Lool probably, but the bigger I go with purses, the more stuff I end up putting in them... And so the cycle continues!

Master of Surgery

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm 5'1 , small hands and have dealt with 5.7 " phones. I told myself I wasn't going any bigger after 5.4 -5.5" . Go figure.

That made me laugh, Go figure indeed. I have phones in that same range but always struggle with how awkward they are going in and out of my various pockets.

May I ask what said 5.7 phone is?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I grab my wife's Note 4 from time to time and marvel at the screen size, but my phone pretty much lives in my pocket all day so I opted for the S7. Historically even the S7 is a "large" phone so it gets the job done nicely.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
It really does matter. For me, the sweet spot is 4.7" screen size for phones. Great for one handed usage, but still small enough to fit "fake" pockets somewhat. 5.2" is the biggest I would go but I have learned that all 5.2" phones are not equal when it comes to how good they are when it comes to one handed usage.

Ideally, a phone where I can use it one handed without shifting it around (much, if at all) and touch all of the corners is the best.

Master of Surgery

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I grab my wife's Note 4 from time to time and marvel at the screen size, but my phone pretty much lives in my pocket all day so I opted for the S7. Historically even the S7 is a "large" phone so it gets the job done nicely.

Those giant displays are pretty marvelous indeed, but I agree with you .... My phone definitely lives most of the day in my various pockets.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It really does matter. For me, the sweet spot is 4.7" screen size for phones. Great for one handed usage, but still small enough to fit "fake" pockets somewhat. 5.2" is the biggest I would go but I have learned that all 5.2" phones are not equal when it comes to how good they are when it comes to one handed usage.

Ideally, a phone where I can use it one handed without shifting it around (much, if at all) and touch all of the corners is the best.

Agree, I think the 4.7 is close to the old Samsung GS3 which is my idea of the perfect size phone. I still have to shift the S7 around a bit to navigate its functions.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I'd like big phones, since I was used to 4.7", but I got a 5.7" phone, and it works great for me.

I like the bigger screen since it's easier to see. The thing is my MXPE has very small bezels, and I use thin TPU cases, so there isn't a lot of bulk. I'm still able to get it in my pockets, and I wear regular fit jeans, not skinny jeans but not baggy jeans either.

I've never used a phone one-handed anyway.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
5.5-6 inch is too small. 6.5 is the sweet spot. All these tiny toy like phones like Galaxy Edge, Nexus 6P, Moto Z Play, etc are too tiny. Need bigger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007