Why Pixel?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
It's very much an interesting viewpoint, thanks for sharing. It is also a valid one.

However, I think this is more likely to hurt some of the smaller players. It's probably not going to make a difference to Huawei and Samsung.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't see an issue with it. They're using HTC to actually build it. They're just giving people more choices.. The joy of Android :). Google isn't going to kill the big players like Samsung anytime soon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't see an issue with it. They're using HTC to actually build it. They're just giving people more choices.. The joy of Android :). Google isn't going to kill the big players like Samsung anytime soon.

Agree with you. More choices are great and opens up the possibility that there could be "something for everyone."

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if the move also coincided with a move to close off the architecture, then yes, OEMs should feel threatened. But Google is simply putting out it's own phone.

As for exclusives like Google assistant, well OEMs have exclusive features of their own, no? And those rarely ever get released to the rest of the platform. Google assistant will not be a permanent Pixel exclusive...

Competition is good. Pushes everyone to do better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae