Hi all,
    The time has come to finally upgrade from Nexus 4 - it's battery is so poor that I can barely go through half a day with it.
    The question is - what is the best upgrade option?

I like Android and having no manufacturer-related bloatware, so I have immediately started looking at Pixel and Pixel XL. The battery is most important to me (especially while browsing internet).

Would Pixel be a good obvious choice, or are there any strong competitors I should be aware of?

Thank you for help!
    11-04-2016 07:37 AM
    Hi all,
    The time has come to finally upgrade from Nexus 4 - it's battery is so poor that I can barely go through half a day with it.

I like Android and having no manufacturer-related bloatware, so I have immediately started looking at Pixel and Pixel XL. The battery is most important to me (especially while browsing internet).

Would Pixel be a good obvious choice, or are there any strong competitors I should be aware of?

Thank you for help!
    Hi - holding on to the Nexus 4 for this long deserves a round of applauds

Yeah imo and Android Central's the best Android phone right now is the Pixel / XL - I have the XL and the battery life is good, I can easily make it through a day with still plenty of charge left.

Might be a good idea to try find a store that stocks both devices so you can see them, baring in mind the XL is 5.5 in size.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-04-2016 07:51 AM
    So now i "only" have to justify spending £700 (double the original price of Nexus 4, iirc) on a mobile phone... :/
    11-05-2016 05:53 PM
    Hi - holding on to the Nexus 4 for this long deserves a round of applauds

Yeah imo and Android Central's the best Android phone right now is the Pixel / XL - I have the XL and the battery life is good, I can easily make it through a day with still plenty of charge left.

Might be a good idea to try find a store that stocks both devices so you can see them, baring in mind the XL is 5.5 in size.
    LG V20
    11-05-2016 07:35 PM
    LG V20
    +1,000,000.
    11-05-2016 08:00 PM
    Hi all,

Thank you for help!
    Wow! How did you make it this far with a Nexus 4!?

Anyway, LG V20 may be worth looking at, maybe also checkout the OnePlus 3.

The HTC 10 is also a brilliant phone, that many seem to forget about.
    11-06-2016 01:51 AM
    Hi all,

Thank you for help!
    Wow, If you been having the Nexus 4 this long to me that say you enjoy the pure Android experience. With that said you will not be disappointed with the Pixel.
    11-06-2016 08:46 AM
    I agree with those who are recommending the Pixel. If you want the Google experience and little bloat then Pixel is a good choice. The S7 is a good alternative.
    11-06-2016 03:11 PM
    LG V20
    LG V20 what??
    11-07-2016 03:40 AM