Ice Cream Sundae

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Today I have read a lot speculating that the Google logo commemorating the Ice Cream Sundae may be Google related. Maybe the next Android Version will be called Ice Cream Sundae. I like it better than Ice Cream Sandwich.

Reactions: Chrisy

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Think that has already been floating around for quite some time. The rumors were originally it was going to be called just ice cream. The sandwhich part starting surfacing a few months ago. Heck, i know its not even accurate 60-70% of the time, but the android os wikipedia page has had ice cream sandwhich on its page as a os name for a long while.

patrick216

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
They are gonna name it Ice Cream. Notice how all the OS names are in order of the alphabet, (CDEFGHI)

Cupcake
Donut
Eclair
Froyo
Gingerbread
Honeycomb
Ice Cream

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
They are gonna name it Ice Cream. Notice how all the OS names are in order of the alphabet, (CDEFGHI)

Cupcake
Donut
Eclair
Froyo
Gingerbread
Honeycomb
Ice Cream

Did you just figure that out, he he : -) I like the "one" word desert names...Ice Cream Sandwich sounds so tacky I think, ha ha.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I believe A was ANDROID and it was 0.1 then came update #2 which was 1.0 and wasnt named then cupcake at 1.5 and..... you guys know the rest!

I think it is clever the tasty treat names but good ideas come as things evolve.

i have had android since ANDROID 0.1 in 2006 on my htc touch 6900 on sprint.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For a normal product, version a would be alpha which is for internal use only and b is for beta which is for testing before coming to market. I believe.that when the G1 first shipped it had b, version 1.0 and it wasn't called anything different because it was the only version of android available at the time.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk