So I heard a new Google Nav Voice today

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Driving using Nav today and all of a sudden the robotic voice sounded like a softer regular sounding woman. It only did it for one turn, but it sounds like they have something in the works. Love Google Nav, but that old voice - not so much.

Anyone else had this happen?

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Love the Nav so much I gave up my TomTom.
However, I had Eric Cartman as my voice on my old GPS, it only had it because it was funny.

I can't say I've ever used/needed the voice...

anon(4144202)

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Love the Nav so much I gave up my TomTom.
However, I had Eric Cartman as my voice on my old GPS, it only had it because it was funny.

I can't say I've ever used/needed the voice...

Hhmmm interesting I wonder if there's some way to change the voice in Google navigation.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had that happen as well. What I had noticed though is that it was near an area that had a lot of construction over the past year and I myself wondered if it was because they needed to add an update to the directions saying to turn sooner than later since it only did it for that exit.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So there isn't any way to hack a different voice in? I hate the stock voice... I wish it was like my Garmin (which currently has GlaDOS from Portal)

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
You can change the Navigation voice using SVox. The program is free but the voices cost money. There isn't to many to choose from but I did this because the robot woman on my phone was getting really old. The voice sound pretty natural and work for all the text to voice on your phone. You can fine the app in the market.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't bother me just as long as it gets me to my location. Love the navigation.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
It doesn't bother me just as long as it gets me to my location. Love the navigation.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Very true. The navigation works great and is a lifesaver. I did find that after about a month ofbusong navigation almost everyday the stock PicoTTS voice was a bit annoying and was starting to make me feel like I was in a Kubrick film lol.