Why haven't you switched to iPhone?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Coming FROM an iphone 14 months ago, these are the things that pushed and continue to keep me away.
I can't stand lightning cables.
I need a removable battery (biggest factor)
I need SD expansion slot.

Last edited:

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
For my work phone I have the iPhone 6 and for my personal daily driver I use my OP3T. Being in the tech field I really have to know how to use both....BUT I like the Android platform better in terms of options on devices, custom UI's, apps and so on. Apple is getting better but I still don't like the price and the interface just seems dated to me. However...I DO love the iPhone's battery life....Not having to give up on the hardware for a great battery is awesome. And because of this its become the device I run with as well.

Really? The Android phones I've used have all been better than iPhones in terms of battery life (Note 2, Droid Maxx, Droid Turbo, Moto Z Play).

SilentByte

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Because Apple phones are an app drawer. That's it. Where's the home screens, the widgets, the stuff that I can tinker with? I like to make the look and feel of a device mine, and you just can't get that with an iPhone.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Because Apple phones are an app drawer. That's it. Where's the home screens, the widgets, the stuff that I can tinker with? I like to make the look and feel of a device mine, and you just can't get that with an iPhone.

Exactly...an app drawer that can't be customized. If Apple would introduce some ability to tweak the phone they'd grab a lot of Android users.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

I, both an Android and Apple user doesn't really use any of the Widgets on my Galaxy S7 Edge. I actually kinda like using that quick access for Tapatalk you see in the picture below from my iPhone 6S Plus. I really see no advantages of widgets, even on my Android device, but that's just how I feel about it.
cd88b01d3a47ceda7ed2e60b4637a5e3.jpg

quantum_futurist

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I too was pulled in by the enticing simplicity of iMessages and all of its fabulous tricks and things. That and I was bored with the lack of development going on as far as my Moto X Pure and custom rom(s). I felt I had hit my peak and I was sort of burnt out; don't get me wrong the device was wonderfully made and I'm and Android all the way.

I currently am rocking an iPhone 6s+ jailbroken on 10.2 and it feels nice to be able to customize certain things here and there. It is no way as open as customizing android but it will suffice for now until it's paid off and I can afford something else. By that time the pixel or nexus 6p should be in pretty decent pricing range for me, that is if I am not swept up into the new and trendy in the days to come.

PS: Take a gander at my profile picture. Anyone know what's going on as far as PA development AND MIUI? They kinda disappeared or I haven't been following as closely.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm ok with either system. When I'm on android however I frequently find my self just fiddling with it and adding things and tweaking launchers and such just because I can. A useless habit that's hard to break. When I move to apple There is not much available to do as once set up that's pretty much all she wrote, so I find myself actually doing other things along with using my phone in a more meaningful way. I'm setup on both systems so changing for me is easy. Kinda fun and it feels like I get the best of both. I've never understood why people say they hate Apple. like saying I hate Fords. It is what it is, choose and move on.

jiden77

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
I simply dislike (strongly!) Apple as a company. Had a bad taste since the 80's. 35 years later and I will still not own a Mac or an iPhone.

May I ask why? I ask seriously in that I'm a long-time iPhone user who is thinking of switching to Android.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s plus I recently gave to a family member. Now on the S7 edge. After dealing with the abomination that they call iTunes, and now I am easily dragging and dropping Flac files to my S7, yeah, it's a huge win in my book.

iPhone was fine. But having to use iTunes, at least on a Windows machine, sucks monkey balls.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
My house is Apple...routers, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad, back up hard drives, Apple TV. However I don't get the draw to their phones, every time I pick up an iPhone and fiddle around with it I wonder what the fascination is with the product. Can't ever see going to their phone platform.

Yeah I hear "it just works" blah blah blah. Guess what, my S7 just works fine too...don't get it.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
My house is Apple...routers, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad, back up hard drives, Apple TV. However I don't get the draw to their phones, every time I pick up an iPhone and fiddle around with it I wonder what the fascination is with the product. Can't ever see going to their phone platform.

Yeah I hear "it just works" blah blah blah. Guess what, my S7 just works fine too...don't get it.

Interesting.. Most people actually start with the iPhone as a gateway to their other products..

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
35 years is a long time to hold a grudge. I would try again if I were you- play with a friend's MacBook or iPhone.

That said I also don't like the way apple works as a company and a general attitude. I prefer control over my devices, and ability to maintain my privacy.

I'm currently doing software development for the iPhone using ionic. At our company that means I have to use a Mac because it's the only way to push to an iPhone. Perfect example of my control issue.

I find the MacBook has Superior technology and Hardware, but I have trouble getting used to the different conventions. Fortunately, under the hood it is basically a Linux complete with a bash shell.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Because I was with Iphone for 5 yrs. Got to have a credit card on account. And a password for every app.
Too restricting.

And I got tired of Apples operating system.
Why would I want to go back to something I do not like.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
To me iPhone's (I owned 1-4S) are the Fisher-Price of smartphones for bigger kids. Yeah if you like to play it super safe and have your hand held all day long when using your smartphone, go with iphone. If you like freedom and fun and excitement, go with Android.

I don't regret the swithc to Android at all. Rockin the Axon 7 currently. :)

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
To me iPhone's (I owned 1-4S) are the Fisher-Price of smartphones for bigger kids. Yeah if you like to play it super safe and have your hand held all day long when using your smartphone, go with iphone. If you like freedom and fun and excitement, go with Android.

I don't regret the swithc to Android at all. Rockin the Axon 7 currently. :)

@OhAlfie What if I like to play it safe while having freedom and fun? Lol! I use both Android (GS7 Edge) and iPhone(6S+)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Been in a lot of the phone stores. Asked a lot of the people that work there. Why don't you have a iPhone.
Their reply is a iPhone is a Box phone.
It does a certain amount of instructions
The Android is more like a computer.

If yer new, you might like the iPhone.
But after you learn more you find out how much more you like the android.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I just have both. No need to switch. I use my iPhone for day-to-day activities and messaging, and my Droid for games, most apps and of course Android Central and CrackBerry.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
this past week my iphone started getting the dreaded "device may not be supported" errors. My daughter gets it too on hers... and were both using Apple certified lightning cables... what a POS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair