Traded in phone without doing factory reset

seanfitz04

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello I had a phone that I traded in about a year ago and I did not think the phone turned on or off so did not do a factory reset before turning the phone in. Phone was acting up and restarting about 10 times a day before I got a new one. Also tried factoring resetting device before getting a new phone but all my apps and everything stayed on the phone so I do not think the reset did anything. I got an email about a month ago and there was someone that had the phone on and it still had my banking app and other data on it. I was wondering if there was anyway to remotely wipe the data from the phone or delete apps that have information such as banking on them. Not really worried about getting the phone back because I already have a new phone but do not want the person to have my banking information or anything like that. Tried doing android device manager but phone does not show up through there only my current phone does. Also changed the password to my google account and other passwords such as banking, and twitter, Facebook. Was just wondering if there was anything else I can do in terms of wiping the data on the phone or removing apps remotely so he does not have all my information.

Thanks.

seanfitz04

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I traded phone in about a year ago. But I got email about a month ago from somebody that had the phone and he took pictures and it the phone still had my banking app and other information on the pictures that he took. So was wondering if there is anyway to remove those apps and data remotely. Not sure if anyone had the phone at all prior to a month ago.

1khalid

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I think you did all that you can do. Device manager doesn't work but you've changed all your passwords so they won't, or at least, shouldn't need able to log into your banking and other accounts.