Ok guys I am going to to be upgrading (buying outright) to a new phone within the month. I have a note 4 which just seems to be boggy and slow and I think it's time. Here are my top 3. Keep in mind I'm on verizon.

Google pixel

Motorola Z

Note 5

EDIT: Could the 6p be a contender? Almost forgot it.

Now this may be an easy decision to some so let me explain why it is not to me.

Now pixel may be the obvious choice but not for me.
    1. Screen size. I prefer a larger screen.
    2. Look. I think the pixel is downright ugly. Not important I know but I he to live with it.
    3. Price. Defently the mother expensive.

Moto z
    1. Camera. I understand it's not the best.
    2. Moto software. Not much of a fan of the ui moto uses.i like pure look. But did the nougat update change that?

Note 5
    1. I come from a note but do not use the 's pen as often anymore.
    2. Old? Is the camera still competitive?

I think the note and the moto z are around the same price swappa wise. I am wanting to take advantage of the moto z add ons I just don't know if the camera is good enough for me not to regret it. I can get over the pixel look but not the price lol. Just not sure if the note 5 is worth it considering the age. Thanks for any help.
    01-09-2017 02:21 PM
    Which Moto Z? The Moto Z Force is awesome, Moto Z Play is awesome, regular Moto Z not so much.

Note 5 camera is definitely still good, it's rated better on still shots than the iPhone 7 and slightly worse on video.

Based on your list above, my recommendation is Pixel XL > Note 5 > Moto Z ... UNLESS you mean Moto Z Play or Moto Z Force, then it's Pixel XL > Moto Z (Droid or Play) > Note 5
    01-09-2017 02:50 PM
    Why not the moto z? Say vs the play? Also how about the 6p?
    01-09-2017 02:52 PM
    Moto Z regular is just a little meh. Compared to the Play, it has a "better" processor but reviews and the forums seem to agree that you can't tell the difference in real world use. Play has a huge battery and it does have a higher resolution camera (16 on the play vs 13 on the regular) however the Play is rated marginally better. The Z Force has the same processor as the regular Z and a MUCH better camera, does have a bigger battery but is behind the Play on batter life.
    01-09-2017 02:56 PM
    Ok guys I am going to to be upgrading (buying outright) to a new phone within the month. I have a note 4 which just seems to be boggy and slow and I think it's time. Here are my top 3. Keep in mind I'm on verizon.

Google pixel

Motorola Z

Note 5

Now this may be an easy decision to some so let me explain why it is not to me.

Now pixel may be the obvious choice but not for me.
    1. Screen size. I prefer a larger screen.
    2. Look. I think the pixel is downright ugly. Not important I know but I he to live with it.
    3. Price. Defently the mother expensive.

Moto z
    1. Camera. I understand it's not the best.
    2. Moto software. Not much of a fan of the ui moto uses.i like pure look. But did the nougat update change that?

Note 5
    1. I come from a note but do not use the 's pen as often anymore.
    2. Old? Is the camera still competitive?

I think the note and the moto z are around the same price swappa wise. I am wanting to take advantage of the moto z add ons I just don't know if the camera is good enough for me not to regret it. I can get over the pixel look but not the price lol. Just not sure if the note 5 is worth it considering the age. Thanks for any help.
    You say you do not use the SPEN a lot, why are you not considering a Galaxy S7 Edge?

-It has a 5.5inch SuperAMOLED Display
    -The best Camera around
    -Huge 3600mah battery
    -IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
    -Compact design
    -MICROSD Support
    -is fast and smooth (get the Exynos variant if you can).
    01-09-2017 04:01 PM
    You say you do not use the SPEN a lot, why are you not considering a Galaxy S7 Edge?

-It has a 5.5inch SuperAMOLED Display
    -The best Camera around
    -Huge 3600mah battery
    -IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
    -Compact design
    -MICROSD Support
    -is fast and smooth (get the Exynos variant if you can).
    Obviously he can answer for himself, but I wouldn't consider the edge just because of poor audio, battery life is better on the Pixel XL, small internal storage and camera is better on the Pixel XL as well, so if you're going to drop a huge amount of money on it, the newer better Pixel XL is a safer bet due to the better processor, better software, better security, better software support, etc, etc. I think he said that he was going to be getting the Note 5 at a discount via Swappa, so I think price is a major factor. Then there's also that Edge display which not everyone loves as well as the glass body.
    01-09-2017 04:05 PM
    Had it for a short time and just not a fan of feel and look. Don't like the edge design either.
    01-09-2017 04:06 PM
    Had it for a short time and just not a fan of feel and look. Don't like the edge design either.
    Ah okay, fair enough.

Much like you I came from a Note 4, but loving my S7 Edge. Really not into the Pixel XL'S look either.

How about a LG V20?
    http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_v20-8238.php
    01-09-2017 04:14 PM
    Might be the best of the bunch. Already on 7.1.1, will get Android Oreo or whatever it's called, has a year of security updates left after that and 7.1.1 really helped out its camera, which was already competitive with the Note 5. Better physical design IMO than any of the other three listed, the only thing that would make me hit the "pause" button is if you were looking at it new - because the OnePlus 3T is the same price (if it works on your carrier, so Not Verizon or Sprint) and the OP3T IMO can compete with the 6P on a lot of factors.
    01-09-2017 04:18 PM
    Yea I would be jumping on it if compatible with verizon. Is the 6p daydream compatible?
    Aquila likes this.
    01-09-2017 04:20 PM
    Ah okay, fair enough.

Much like you I came from a Note 4, but loving my S7 Edge. Really not into the Pixel XL'S look either.

How about a LG V20?
    http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_v20-8238.php
    I feel like if I was going to spend that much I would just do the pixel. Not saying the V20 is bad but I would rather have a more pure android for that price.
    01-09-2017 05:13 PM
    Ok, I am really considering the oneplus 3t. I am out of contract with verizon later this year.
    Tsepz_GP and Aquila like this.
    01-10-2017 01:30 AM