What game controller do you use with your Android?

Dustbury

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I just recently bought the Moga Pro Power (bluetooth) and it's a nice controller. I like the feel of the buttons and joysticks and the support seems promising. I've tried it with ePSXe, however, and I find that there's a little bit of an input lag. Doesn't seem as much when using an SNES emulator, but the PSone emulator is more noticeable. I have a Galaxy S7 so I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the hardware.

Has anyone tried wired controllers with their Android phone? I was curious if that eliminates the input lag or if there are any additional complications that I should be aware of when attempting a wired controller with Android.

Marc Lagace

AC Staff Writer
Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I use the SteelSeries Stratus XL, and it's the best bluetooth controller I've found. Solid build that feels really comfortable in my hands. Also works for Windows, so I can use it to play Rocket League, which is a huge plus for me!

It's on the pricier side, but it's a really solid controller and backed up by SteelSeries' customer support.

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5650701

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Moga Pro Power. I find it quite disappointing. The noticable delay ruins the experience. I used it with an SNES emulator to play Mega Man X and keep falling off the cliff because the jump won't register in time. For Street Fighter, I can only pull off one hadouken after an hour trying. It has been sitting in my drawer undisturbed for about three years.

afazel

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
How about for emulators on an unrooted Amazon Fire TV? I can connect my DS4, but it's not recognized within the emulators.