What is your take on the Blackberry Mercury?

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jerry,

I know you mostly praise blackberry for the their dedication to security and overall good software and performance. How do you feel about the possibilities of a candy bar/keyboard android phone? My first smartphone was a blackberry tour which I adored, the lack of a replacement device on android at the time drove me to a moto x. I find myself pining for the old days of blackberry though sometimes.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait to try it.

I really loved the "old" BlackBerry, with BIS and online email account management. That's because i get a lot of email. BB 10 and BB's take on Android don't give me what I want (and think I need) better than regular Android does so I'm not using all their services. But I know the Mercury will be kept up to date, not be filled with a bunch of hardware gimmicks I don't want or need and have the one hardware gimmick I really love — a physical keyboard.

I'm already emailing everyone I can to make sure i get to use one for the AC review, and hopefully it gets to live at my house for a long time afterwards :)