https://opensignal.com/blog/2017/02/...-up-by-region/

It’s plain to see Verizon’s lead in 4G availability isn’t just an overall national trend or big city phenomenon. It handily won first prize in all five of our regions, providing an LTE signal to our testers more often than any other operator. T-Mobile came in second in our 4G availability rankings in four regions, while in Southwest AT&T and T-Mobile ran neck and neck for second place. Sprint ranked the lowest in our LTE availability tests in every region.
    Almeuit, libra89 and hallux like this.
    02-16-2017 02:24 PM
    Clear to see there that it's pretty much a two-horse race at this point. AT&T looks to be somewhat of a distant third.
    02-16-2017 03:24 PM
    It used to be AT&T battling it out with Verizon, and T-Mobile with Sprint. Nice to see T-Mobile has actually inched their way to the second spot.
    02-16-2017 03:48 PM
    It used to be AT&T battling it out with Verizon, and T-Mobile with Sprint. Nice to see T-Mobile has actually inched their way to the second spot.
    And all in the span of about 3 years.
    02-16-2017 03:52 PM
    And all in the span of about 3 years.
    yeah, it's what prompted me to switch from ATT to T-Mobile and I couldn't be happier.
    02-16-2017 03:56 PM
    My favorite part is all the competition these networks are brewing. We went from seeing unlimited be looked on as a thing for only "data hogs" and tiered plans being the way... But now they ALL have unlimited plans. They all are fighting for US as customers -- that just makes it way sweeter for us .
    LeoRex likes this.
    02-16-2017 05:53 PM
    Thats just the view at 30000 feet...
    Despite Verizons dominance overall, they are a complete failure in my neighborhood.

ATT dominates...

BUT this is not entirely Verizons fault. Every 3-4 years the local people continually vote down cell tower construction in my area of Palo Alto... Its maddening, but what can I do really? They don't like it because it looks ugly. (roll eyes). What is Verizons fault however is not allowing me to TOTALLY de-activate cellular operations on my phone and manually force EVERY bit of data over my wifi. So things like voice messages and text message attachments are FORCED over their near-dial-up SLOW cellular network.

Despite it all, I stay with Verizon because their coverage and dependability elsewhere is really really good.
    02-18-2017 03:54 PM
    With all the unlimited data carrier wars... people need to read the fine print and really research things before committing.
    02-18-2017 04:19 PM