Michael,

First off it was lovely meeting you at the CrackBerry 10th Anniversary party in Barcelona. As you might recall I mentioned that I have a "pet" question that I ask in these forums. lol Basically I want to know, and I think our community would appreciate knowing what inspires you to cover tech. I know a LITTLE bit, as I DID follow "captain two phones" at Pocket Now. But what brought you in to this life as a career, and did anyone in particular influence or inspire or lead you to this?

Basically your superhero origin story!
    02-26-2017 07:20 AM
    Likely his passion to use and cover all sorts of phones, and tell people about them is what I'd assume drives him to do what he does. Of course, once he replies to this thread, he'll give you a fuller answer! ������
    02-28-2017 08:46 PM
    Likely his passion to use and cover all sorts of phones, and tell people about them is what I'd assume drives him to do what he does. Of course, once he replies to this thread, he'll give you a fuller answer! ������
    I'm sure! And just so folks know he's probably super SUPER busy at MWC which is probably why he has not responded yet. I certainly don't mind waiting for his answer.
    03-01-2017 01:54 PM
    Hey man! It was great meeting you too and thanks for your patience waiting for this reply. As you surmise, MWC was indeed a circus as usual. And just a little clarification: MrMobile is his own little island under the Mobile Nations umbrella, not a part of AC per se.

I've shared my longform origin story before, so I'll use that as a pass not to re-type it all here.

TLDR: I was an actor for a long time and I loved it, and while I was doing that I read tech blogs in my down time to relax (because I'd grown up watching Star Trek and loving gadgets as a result). After a particularly disastrous 2011 (lost my job, lost my relationship, lost a couple of grandmothers) I decided to change everything up and applied to write for a bunch of tech publications. Pocketnow was the only one that called back, and the rest is history!
    libra89 and pkcable like this.
    03-04-2017 12:35 PM