I am working outdoors in very harsh environment during the annual holidays I bought Samsung S7 Edge because of IP68 certified and Top end specification. Last weekend of my holidays I went to swimming pool party where I confidently jumped into the pool for underwater snaps but I dropped my mobile because of slippery edge and hit to the surface of the pool. I am very sad for broken screen and unresponsive touch. I surprised after hear the high repair charges without the guaranty of working properly. Well, Samsung had to pay the price for extreme beauty. It’s true what they say, the beautiful are usually crazy. I am working in very harsh environment, so those kinds of edgy smartphones like a Xiaomi Note2, Mate9 Pro, Vivo Xplay 6, and many others even IP68 certified can't survive in outdoor works and other accidently situations. Therefore I am looking for rugged smartphone with equally good hardware and software.

Samsung S7 edge Broken/unresponsive? Help me to pick next one!-untitled.jpg
    Please help me to pick right one according to performance and look.

Samsung Galaxy S7 active:
    Samsung S7 edge Broken/unresponsive? Help me to pick next one!-s7a.jpg
    5.1 inches (2560 x 1440 resolution)
    4GB RAM + 32GB ROM (TF card up to 200GB)
    Andriod: 6.0
    IP68 Certification
    Front 5.0MP + Rear 12.0MP
    4000mAh battery
    NFC, GPS, front Fingerprint Sensor
    Price: 550$

AGM X1:
    Samsung S7 edge Broken/unresponsive? Help me to pick next one!-t7rs_kgua_600x600.jpg
    5.5 inch 1920 x 1080 SAMSUNG Super AMOLED screen
    4GB RAM + 64GB ROM. TF card up to 128GB
    Android 5.1 (Update 7.0)
    IP68 certified
    Front 5.0MP + Dual Rear 13.0MP with flashlight
    5400mAH battery Quick Charge 3.0
    NFC, GPS, front Fingerprint Sensor
    Price: 260$

CAT S60
    Samsung S7 edge Broken/unresponsive? Help me to pick next one!-caterpillar_s60_9386_007.jpg
    Super bright 4.7 inch a-Si AHVA, HD, 1280x720
    3GB RAM + 32GB ROM. TF card up to 128GB
    Android 6.0
    IP68 certified
    Front 5.0MP + Rear 13.0MP (FLIR Thermal)
    3800mAH battery Quick Charge 2.0
    NFC, GPS
    Price: 560

Nomu S30
    Samsung S7 edge Broken/unresponsive? Help me to pick next one!-maxresdefault_1.jpg
    5.5 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels FHD screen
    4GB RAM + 64GB ROM (TF card up to 32GB)
    Andriod: 6.0
    IP68 Certification
    Front 5.0MP + Rear 13.0MP
    5000mAh battery
    NFC, GPS
    Price: 215$
    I am looking forward your professional comments and share some performance videos as well.
    thank
    02-27-2017 08:55 AM
    I'd go with the S7 Active. You'll get the same experience (minus a slightly smaller screen and no sexy edges) than the S7 Edge if that's what you liked.

You can also look into the S7 Edge again, but buying an Otterbox (or similar) case for it.

I know how you feel... I also recently cracked mine (for the first time in FOREVER since buying phones for myself had I ever ever ever damaged one), but I, like you, had a slim plastic case on, so the phone hit the 'right' spot when it landed, and it broke the glass. Fortunately I had insurance so I only had to pay 100 bucks to replace it for a new one, and since timing was perfect, I got a free year of Netflix with the replacement. So no loss in the end.

That being said, if you don't have insurance on your phone, check your home insurance. Most cover damage to phones with a moderately high deductible (usually 300 bucks for renters). Certainly beats buying a new one outright. Just make sure that filing a claim for the phone won't affect your overall rates.
    02-27-2017 11:31 AM
    Problem with that is, do you trust that brand? Personally I've never heard of it (although the phone looks cool), but I might be on the 'wrong side of the planet' for that. If it lists 64GB memory as ROM, however, doesn't inspire too much confidence (Read-only memory...that's used for firmware, not for internal memory read/write operations). Unless it packs the biggest OS in mobile ever and it does need 64 Gigabytes of non-user-accessible ROM.
    02-28-2017 02:49 PM
    I mean... its just great: really: i love ruggeds! i think ip68 should be standarized soon: Best to buy five good Chinese ruggeds from agm with that price right now ... but talking about roms .. hum... they work probably on more stable ROMs based on A7. (Huawei and many others have also problems with A7.
    03-07-2017 11:47 PM