Interesting Galaxy S Update News...

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting tidbit from this article:
Samsung Galaxy S gets Gingerbread 2.3.3 as promised, Update Schedule and Improvements | Josephws's*Blog | YouMobile

If you've seen the front page, you know that Gingerbread has started rolling out to the i9000 in Europe, so most of this article isn't new. The interesting part comes at the bottom:

Update Schedule:
The update has already cropped up in the Nordic countries, Holland and Germany.

Rest of Europe will Start Rolling-out on 20,April
Asia Carriers Late April
Worldwide Release on 25,April (Including Middle-East and Arab Gulf)
USA Carriers (AT&T) on 26,April

Say WHAAAAT??? Apparently there's a very real possibility that the Captivate could be the first US non-Nexus phone to get Gingerbread. I'll let that sink in for a minute.

Okay, now that all the Fascinate owners have stopped swearing, I'll add that there is no source listed, other than saying where this has popped up, and after a quick (lazy) Google search, I can't find anything else on it. So take this with a very large chunk of salt. Nevertheless, this could be big for the US Galaxy S variants.

What are your thoughts?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont care if the fascinate doesnt get it right away but if this really does happen maybe this will start to save face for samsung , this will show real progress on their end

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I dont care if the fascinate doesnt get it right away but if this really does happen maybe this will start to save face for samsung , this will show real progress on their end

Definitely. I think they've already made progress getting this update out before anyone else. They messed up, and now they're learning and getting better (just like SE). I think I would be more excited that AT&T is letting it out that early.