Snapchat spectacles won't charge

jhav16

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
PLZ HELP!!! Today I have received my brand new pair of snapchat spectacles from snap inc. I opened the canister they came in, and took the plastic off the port and button. I wanted to try them out so I pressed the button but the led blinked red with 1 white dot pulsing on the front led. So I charged them in the case for about 2-3 hours and the case is fully charged but the spactacle have made no progress at all. Ihave reset them and done everything I can think of. If anyone can help, plz reply!!!

Matthewguy

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
PLZ HELP!!! Today I have received my brand new pair of snapchat spectacles from snap inc. I opened the canister they came in, and took the plastic off the port and button. I wanted to try them out so I pressed the button but the led blinked red with 1 white dot pulsing on the front led. So I charged them in the case for about 2-3 hours and the case is fully charged but the spactacle have made no progress at all. Ihave reset them and done everything I can think of. If anyone can help, plz reply!!!

Same thing happen to me yesterday. I just emailed back and forth with support and they finally said I'll have to send them back and exchange. I got teal ones.

M0G0

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
This guy was having the same problem.
https://youtu.be/-UwB-_Z7Ams
You can see when he does the charge check it shows a full circle. Mine never got past the one dot and just blinks red.

Same here, I got mine from the Venice storefront this afternoon. Took them out paired them, used them for about 2 videos before the turned off due to low battery. The case is fully charged and when I put the glasses in the case nothing comes on at all. Then I tried charging direct from the cable to the glasses and the same result, no light, nothing. When I press the power button it blinks one dot and red.

milkeu

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site

Hello! I had the same problem and then I found out that there's a small piece of plastic on the charging part of the glasses to protect it. Take it off and I think should be good to go

bedo300

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Hey there,

Try the below, mine has the same issue and it works now.

Plug in your Specs for 60-90 minutes. It's okay if you don't see any LEDs changing, just let your Specs sit on the charger for a full hour!
Unplug your Specs.
Press and hold the button on Specs for 55 seconds, until you see 1 bottom LED illuminate. We recommend using a timer for this step ??????
Remove your finger from the button. You should see 3 LEDs in an upside down triangle pattern illuminate.
Tap the button again. You should see the 3 LEDs start to spin. All of the LEDs will slowly illuminate one by one.
You should see all LEDs flash once step 5 is complete - this may take a few minutes.

If you didn't see the behavior explained in steps 4, 5 or 6 happen - don't worry! Try Step 3 at least 3 times. Sometimes the 55 second button hold takes a few tries ??????

ashleySR

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much for this, i had almost given up on my spectacles and since i did not buy directly from snapchat i was almost certain $120 were down the drain. Tried your fix and they are working now yay!!!

Karnidge

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! I just bought these for my daughter and we had the same issue. They wouldn't connect to her phone and we only saw 1 LED when charging. After completing the steps you listed, they are working. Woot!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci