so, I'm moving in a month, and in this beautiful little pocket of North-Central Idaho my only option is satellite internet (ugh). I've been spoiled by my grandfathered Verizon unlimited plan, and fine if I'm actually 'in town', but at home I must now figure out how to limit my household to 20gb per month!!! yikes! I greatly appreciate any advice, pointers, tricks(?) you and your peeps can provide. (yes, that was a lame Easter joke 😁)
    04-15-2017 01:45 AM
    Whoa that's quite a challenge. I've been spoiled by unlimited data for the past five years at least, so I'm probably the worst person to ask! Ha.

That said, I seem to recall Opera browsers offering a feature that would preload web content on their servers before sending it over to you, which cut back on data consumption significantly. Also, I hate recommending ad blockers in general, but I have to admit that a lot of data gets eaten up by ads, so ...

One last thing: if you have a Mac and store a lot on your desktop, make damn sure you disable automatic iCloud sync of your desktop. I've blown through untold GBs of hotspot data thanks to that "feature."

Wish I could be more help!
    04-24-2017 09:01 AM