02-11-2012 03:57 PM
67 123
tools
    what it once was is not what it is today unfortunately.
    05-01-2011 12:06 PM
    I hear ya. But it's still here with many folks. I attend peace vigils all the time with a fairly large group of people. Dems and Reps alike.

If you believe in something, stand behind it. I'm against animal exploitation. So I will always contact Google and the devs when an app like this is released.

As well, the majority is not always right.

I won't destroy a phone that has it loaded. Lol. I'm not an extremist. I do the same for other things. I report racist comments that I hear at work. I don't care if people think I'm "whining" and I should just live with it. I choose to speak up.
    05-01-2011 12:13 PM
    05-01-2011 12:34 PM
    So you suggest the people take no actions, ever. Just sit idle and say, "it's whatever man."

Great feats have been accomplished by groups of people protesting and taking action. Civil Rights ring a bell?
    "Oh no this is affecting my life in no way but I must ruin this for someone else." Just leave it alone, I enjoy this game, why are you going to take it away from me? That's not fair, just ignore it.

Sent from my Xoom
    Jalarm likes this.
    05-01-2011 01:19 PM
    Thanks, just used this to easily send a message as to why it should be left in the market. It's not hurting any animals because no one has openly said "I started dog fights because I saw it ln this Android app" or "I killed the hooker because I played Grand Theft Auto". Even then if it's in the App Store, just ignore it and don't ruin the fun for others.

Sent from my Xoom
    05-01-2011 01:29 PM
    LOL! Your email might look disingenuous coming from a PETA address! Also you should now expect PETA emails and snail mail.
    05-01-2011 01:35 PM
    LOL! Your email might look disingenuous coming from a PETA address! Also you should now expect PETA emails and snail mail.
    Look I am not trying to argue with you, you look like a very nice person to care for someone other than yourself... let's leave this a little more clean or civil, rather than spewing insults at each other. I used a fake email account ( an AOL account I used to use).

Anyways, I am just trying to prove a point. We can't just take an opinion into heavy consideration, again it's like the video game debate where violence in video games triggers violence in real life. This is false quite the opposite actually, it relieves stress and improves hand/eye coordination. This game may not be the same, but I have played it, as soon as I found a match online I was expecting a bloody Pokmon looking battlefield. I saw two icons of dogs, and a list of commands no noise or anything. Sure it has the training that seems "realistic" but I doubt this is accurate at all. Sure you may have to use your imagination in the fighting scenes but other than that it's just like Pokmon, fight other creatures/animals and win money. It really is nothing.

Sent from my Xoom
    05-01-2011 02:27 PM
    I understand what you're saying. I see your point regarding video games. No hard feelings. You won't change my mind. I'm not trying to.change yours. We can leave it at that.
    05-01-2011 08:09 PM
    Google has the right to manage what is sold in their store, as any retailer in the physlcal goods world does. Developers are free to sell their applications via their own web site, or thru other app stores google's android market is not the only way to get your apps.

Of course whether or not someone will purchase your app is another story.
    05-01-2011 08:53 PM
    Did you guys have a problem with games like Murder City? How about Blood Hustle? Or Gang Wars? No? Lets not forget about Weed Farmer? Any petitions for that one? I don't like or condone dog fighting but you guys are sounding real hypocritical if those games are OK and Dog Wars which doesn't even have dog fighting in it isn't. LoL! What message do those game send?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    05-02-2011 06:09 PM
    The Humane Society also expressed concern over this . I am glad it was removed

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk
    05-02-2011 06:47 PM
    Did you guys have a problem with games like Murder City? How about Blood Hustle? Or Gang Wars? No? Lets not forget about Weed Farmer? Any petitions for that one? I don't like or condone dog fighting but you guys are sounding real hypocritical if those games are OK and Dog Wars which doesn't even have dog fighting in it isn't. LoL! What message do those game send?

My chosen specific cause is Animal Rights. I care about other things as well but Animal Rights is what I actively advocate.

I can't save the world, no one can. You can only give as much as you have, money and energy, and some causes are more important to me than others. There are others who advocate other things which I don't.

It's silly to expect one person to take up every cause and care about everything equally.

All I can say is at least I try. I stand behind my beliefs and I do what I can for Animal Rights.

If you feel strongly about other violent games, by all means, take action. I know for a fact folks do protest against those games. Perhaps because someone they love was killed violently.

Some folks have causes based on personal experiences. Such as having an autistic child or maybe thy were the victim of domestic abuse. In those cases, those folks will probably be more inclined to advocate for those issues.

I won't go into the other organization I'm a part of because it is too personal. Rest assured, I care about other things.

I certainly don't need to justify my beliefs and which organizations I advocate for, to you, or anyone. But I want you and others to stop using the argument of, "well, why don't you care about such and such also.."

May I ask what charities you donate your time and energy to? Wouldn't you agree that it would be silly if I chastised you for volunteering at a soup kitchen but ignoring senior citizen abuse in facilities? That doesn't make sense.
    05-02-2011 06:57 PM
    Not to mention, people that have downloaded this game said it's boring and sucks!
    05-02-2011 07:16 PM
    I understand what you are saying and I am not knocking you personally, if I came off that way I apologize. My issue is that people seem like they're upset with this game because of the so called violence in it and cruelty towards dogs. its not the app really, its the violence in the app. If it were a game just about raising a dog there wouldn't be a problem. The issue is the violence. But there are several apps in the App Store that are very violent. Now Google has a right to allow what they want in their store cause its their store, its not the public square like Phil said last week. But my issue is that if its the violence and supposedly cruelty people are against, then why not pressure Google to ban all violent apps? Towards any species!! LOL
    I actually raised Pitt bulls when I was younger and never EVER fought my dogs. I was overly selective on who I sold my pups too for that very reason! But I can't say that the developer of this game is a jerk and his app should be banned, and not feel the same about other games...... That are violent! Unfortunately, this is the double edged sword of trying to be fair and open. If people don't like an app, don't DL it. This app got popular from all the negative press it received.
    My passion is young people and Im a youth pastor and donate my time and money to inner city and suburban kids alike. Do i like violent games, some yes but the ones I don't like I can't say that certain ones should be banned and not others like it. Again I apologize if I offended you.

05-02-2011 09:28 PM
    I told you guys the game would be back on the market..it wasn't taken down by Google.

It's $2.99 though. It's under KG Dogfighting. Enjoy
    05-02-2011 09:29 PM
    The demo ended and they released the final product it looks like.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    05-03-2011 07:09 PM
    For fans of Dog Wars (or whatever name it's going under now) here are a few pictures of the real thing. These guys can't be re-energized or brought back from the dead.
    http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/...t/gypsy100.jpg
    http://www.pitbullproject.ca/bad.jpg
    http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...07_468x629.jpg
    Where is the glamour here? I don't get it.
    02-11-2012 03:57 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD