Censorship is Censorship [Dog Wars]

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Didst say my word is law. But that's how laws are made. People take action. It's my right to do something about it if I don't like it. I'm talking about people collectively. Enough folks must have complained about it.

Animal rights is one of my main focuses in life. I spend a lot of time, money and energy involved in the cause. But that's just me. You may have a belief or two. I don't expect anyone else to care. Others do though. And we do what we think is correct for the cause.

You don't get to choose what I put my time and energy into.

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you not just say that google should focus on world hunger instead? Sarcasm or not, you were just giving your opinoin on what a company should do.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Once again @Chrisy its a video game, they are not real dogs no real dogs are dying its not doing any harm. That's the problem people don't realize this, it's not like the developer is a fan of dog fighting he doesn't want everyone to go fight with dogs. If you don't like it don't download it and its not in your life, easy enough.

Once again, not trying to be an ass hole.

Reactions: bigedward87

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am glad it has been pulled. To me it could give ideas to those that it is OK to be cruel for real. Animal abuse is horrible and leads to other violence. I am glad to see it gone

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am glad it has been pulled. To me it could give ideas to those that it is OK to be cruel for real. Animal abuse is horrible and leads to other violence. I am glad to see it gone

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Then the same thing could be said about call of duty and such that it is alright to kill people, or grand theft auto, that it is alright to steal cars and break the law. You dont see people doing that do you? How many times does it need to be said. Its a video game, get over it. Move on, dont play it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Look how sane and normal I am? Now listen to the flipping stuff I listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_loMbmKJ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Don't assume cause someone does a specific something that they are a preset person, everyone is unique, and not every person who plays a game that has "suggestive content" is a mad maniac who runs around abusing dogs and people. I talk to a huge number of you on these forums, I try and use my best grammar and be as kind as possible, if you saw me listening to this music before we even talk, you might have thought that I am some sort of insane murdering serial rapist. I am not. Assuming that the things I enjoy to do are signs that I might be a bad person or a criminal is common in judging someone, but in this case you have all gone too fair, it's a game. I still have this thing on my Xoom and enjoy it.

To all you guys who like censorship and believe it prevents little children and young adults from turning into bad citizens, NEWS FLASH kids are rebellius! You tell em not to do something, they'll most likely wanna do it.

OFWG

Sent from my Xoom

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Everyone should watch the documentry called mortal kombat , its available on hulu.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The game wasn't pulled from the market. The devs pulled it because of issues. They will get it back up when they fix it.

Now onto the question. I am a HUGE animal lover and own a pitbull. Dog fighting disgusts me and upsets me to no end. I despise it. The game itself though is pretty darn good. Its a rudimentary game with no violence just like Mafia wars and Dope Wars. I've played both and still have no ambition to kill,rob and sell drugs.

In my opinion Google would have to pull Angry Birds as well if they were to pursue this. Killing Pigs should not be tolerated neither.

I like the game and LOVE dogs. The only violence you see is a green bar that represents your dogs health being diminished. Your dog either wins or loses and you win some money. You go back to training him with tires and ropes, keep him fed and watered to get him back in shape and challenge the next guy. You can buy your dog steroid cycles and antibiotics to get him into fighting shape quicker too : ) No graphic images or anything. Its a game and a really fun game at that.

Just my opinion folks.

Sent from my Droid

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I like it when people get up in arms about the slightest violence towards animals, real or imagined, but don't say a word about violence towards fellow humans, real or imagined.

[TANGENT BELOW]

It reminds me of the PETA nuts who attacked people physically for wearing fur, sending the message that animal safety is more important than human safety. I'm sorry to disappoint the nuts but when my sister and her family ran into an escaped horse with their SUV, I cared about my family - not the horse or SUV.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
To me, this isn't a problem of animal cruelty. It's a problem with censorship. If you are trying to prevent us from playing a game that we enjoy, then where is our freedom? Sure there is always a question of "where do we draw the line" truth is we don't know where to draw any sort of line, too much censorship can also have the same effect as letting no censorship be there in the first place. I enjoyed this game, and I own a Yorkie Teacup, I don't want to turn into a dog killing machine.

Sent from my Xoom

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Again many of you are missing the point made by sonofaresiii. Google is a private company and has every right to determine what app they will and will not allow in the Market. This is not Censorship violating your Constitutional Rights. If you think it is... you are sorely mistaken.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Google=Congress? No, hell no

The government can not hinder Google from having Dog Wars on the market. But its Google's right to determine what they will have and wont have on the market, and its the right of individuals to protest to Google about the game. They have the right to boycott and economically pressure Google to remove the game as well. You in turn have the right to counter-boycott as well.

As long as the government stays out of it... alls fair love and war. Including Dog Wars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisy

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Again many of you are missing the point made by sonofaresiii. Goggle is a private company and has every right to determine what app they will and will not allow in the Market. This is not Censorship violating your Constitutional Rights. If you think it is... you are sorely mistaken.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Google=Congress? No, hell no

The government can not hinder Google from having Dog Wars on the market. But its Google's right to determine what they will have and wont have on the market, and its the right of individuals to protest to Google about the game. They have the right to boycott and economically pressure Google to remove the game as well. You in turn have the right to counter-boycott as well.

As long as the government stays out of it... alls fair love and war. Including Dog Wars.

This. You don't hear anyone complain because disney doesn't show southpark. Google has every right to keep their market clean, just be glad they don't do it like Apple. I'm not going to complain if they pull it, and I'm not going to complain if they leave it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Im not argueing that google doesnt have the right to control the content of their market. My problem with it is how everyone seems to be taking such offense to the game. Someone just commented in this very thread that this violent video game will lead people to believe its alright to be cruel to animals.

I am an avid gamer, and i take a huge offense to such comments. Video games DO NOT make people violent, or kill. It is such a huge stereotype and it is wrong.

I do not agree with the specific game in question. Honestly it disgusts me. But there is no need to start a literal war over it. There are games out there that are 10x worse then dog wars.

ITS A GAME. GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON.

You dont have to play it or download it. Thats the real beauty of it all.

Sent from my Inspiration

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of animal fighting nor have I played this game, but I think it being pulled is wrong. It's a game, if you don't like it don't download it, it's not going to come back at night and haunt you. If you don't like it don't let it in your life, but if you wanna play have a good time. It's cruel, but for the last time it's a video game people.

What if you are a business owner and you don't like it? Do you have a choice to not sell it? That seems exactly what Google is doing.

Bravo Google!!!!!!!!!!

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
To me, this isn't a problem of animal cruelty. It's a problem with censorship. If you are trying to prevent us from playing a game that we enjoy, then where is our freedom?
The developer is free to produce the game.
You are free to buy the game from the developer, if they choose to seel directly.
Google is free to not sell the game.

Seems like everyone has freedom.

Sure there is always a question of "where do we draw the line" truth is we don't know where to draw any sort of line, too much censorship can also have the same effect as letting no censorship be there in the first place. I enjoyed this game, and I own a Yorkie Teacup, I don't want to turn into a dog killing machine.
In the case of the Android Market the line is where Google decides it is because they are a private industry. This isn't that hard of a concept.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
To me, this isn't a problem of animal cruelty. It's a problem with censorship.

It's a problem with people. People who believe they should force their opinion on to other people, instead of just letting Google know their feelings, pro or con, then moving on.

Both sides need to realize that Joe Anybody doesn't really care what they think any more.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Im not argueing that google doesnt have the right to control the content of their market. My problem with it is how everyone seems to be taking such offense to the game. Someone just commented in this very thread that this violent video game will lead people to believe its alright to be cruel to animals.

I am an avid gamer, and i take a huge offense to such comments. Video games DO NOT make people violent, or kill. It is such a huge stereotype and it is wrong.

I do not agree with the specific game in question. Honestly it disgusts me. But there is no need to start a literal war over it. There are games out there that are 10x worse then dog wars.

ITS A GAME. GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON.

You dont have to play it or download it. Thats the real beauty of it all.

Sent from my Inspiration

Everyone's Offense and Your Disgust.... there isnt much of a difference here brother.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance