Censorship is Censorship [Dog Wars]

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a problem with people. People who believe they should force their opinion on to other people, instead of just letting Google know their feelings, pro or con, then moving on.

Both sides need to realize that Joe Anybody doesn't really care what they think any more.

I love hearing others' points of views and opinions. It can be interesting and informative. I don't expect that their POV will change my opinion and vise versa. But it is a way to learn, for me.

I never bring up my animal rights or vegan lifestyle unless I'm asked. And most people who ask just want to make fun of it or defend meat eating. I'm not interested in that.

But discussion can be good, and that's wheat forums are for. This thread included. Otherwise, AC would be dead. :)

I let Google know I'd rather the game removed. I didn't start a thread or website about it. The person for the game did.

By the way! http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/vegetarians-vegans-55806/?highlight=vegans

Last edited:

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of dog fighting...or even dogs for that matter however I downloaded the game just because of all the hype..Frankly, it should've been pulled because it sucks not because of the actual moral reasons...

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The developer is free to produce the game.
You are free to buy the game from the developer, if they choose to seel directly.
Google is free to not sell the game.

Seems like everyone has freedom.

In the case of the Android Market the line is where Google decides it is because they are a private industry. This isn't that hard of a concept.

Not the same, Google did not make the decision, you just forced them to, with all the controversy.

Sent from my Xoom

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Not the same, Google did not make the decision, you just forced them to, with all the controversy.

Sent from my Xoom

Boycots, protests ... these are all legitimate and legal avenues of petitioning a company or government. You in turn have these same rights .... your feelings mean nothing unless you act upon them in the same recourse others have with who you disagree with.

Reactions: Chrisy

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Boycots, protests ... these are all legitimate and legal avenues of petitioning a company or government. You in turn have these same rights .... your feelings mean nothing unless you act upon them in the same recourse others have with who you disagree with.

legal, yes. legitimate, not so much. its like the whiny kid who screams and moans until he gets what he wants. Its usually the minority *****ing and moaning until they get what they want because everyone is tired of listening to the noise.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So you suggest the people take no actions, ever. Just sit idle and say, "it's whatever man."

Great feats have been accomplished by groups of people protesting and taking action. Civil Rights ring a bell?

Last edited:

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. But it's still here with many folks. I attend peace vigils all the time with a fairly large group of people. Dems and Reps alike.

If you believe in something, stand behind it. I'm against animal exploitation. So I will always contact Google and the devs when an app like this is released.

As well, the majority is not always right.

I won't destroy a phone that has it loaded. Lol. I'm not an extremist. I do the same for other things. I report racist comments that I hear at work. I don't care if people think I'm "whining" and I should just live with it. I choose to speak up.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So you suggest the people take no actions, ever. Just sit idle and say, "it's whatever man."

Great feats have been accomplished by groups of people protesting and taking action. Civil Rights ring a bell?

"Oh no this is affecting my life in no way but I must ruin this for someone else." Just leave it alone, I enjoy this game, why are you going to take it away from me? That's not fair, just ignore it.

Sent from my Xoom

Reactions: Jalarm

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Your email might look disingenuous coming from a PETA address! Also you should now expect PETA emails and snail mail.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
LOL! Your email might look disingenuous coming from a PETA address! Also you should now expect PETA emails and snail mail.

Look I am not trying to argue with you, you look like a very nice person to care for someone other than yourself... let's leave this a little more clean or civil, rather than spewing insults at each other. I used a fake email account ( an AOL account I used to use).

Anyways, I am just trying to prove a point. We can't just take an opinion into heavy consideration, again it's like the video game debate where violence in video games triggers violence in real life. This is false quite the opposite actually, it relieves stress and improves hand/eye coordination. This game may not be the same, but I have played it, as soon as I found a match online I was expecting a bloody Pok?mon looking battlefield. I saw two icons of dogs, and a list of commands no noise or anything. Sure it has the training that seems "realistic" but I doubt this is accurate at all. Sure you may have to use your imagination in the fighting scenes but other than that it's just like Pok?mon, fight other creatures/animals and win money. It really is nothing.

Sent from my Xoom

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you're saying. I see your point regarding video games. No hard feelings. You won't change my mind. I'm not trying to.change yours. We can leave it at that. :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Google has the right to manage what is sold in their store, as any retailer in the physlcal goods world does. Developers are free to sell their applications via their own web site, or thru other app stores google's android market is not the only way to get your apps.

Of course whether or not someone will purchase your app is another story.

BrownHornet72

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you guys have a problem with games like Murder City? How about Blood Hustle? Or Gang Wars? No? Lets not forget about Weed Farmer? Any petitions for that one? I don't like or condone dog fighting but you guys are sounding real hypocritical if those games are OK and Dog Wars which doesn't even have dog fighting in it isn't. LoL! What message do those game send?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol