When it's time to sell it or upgrade do you regret not knowing how amazing it feels naked?

I've always had this rule, that after work/day off that I take the case off but last year had a few of bad lucks where I dropped three phones that I put my rule on hold. LOL

It ended when I got my moto Z back in March where I was forced to use it naked with the moto Mods.

I sold and upgraded to the LG G6 and Samsung S8 & S8+ where I'm back to my rule again. Using them naked when I'm not at work.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-22-2017 09:33 PM
    Do you need the case at work?
    I work in an office, so the most common thing that could happen would be I spill coffee on the phone.
    05-23-2017 01:46 AM
    Me being home is no guarantee of not dropping it. Granted using a case isn't perfect but it's all I know at this point. The last phone I used without a case was a samsung flip phone
    05-23-2017 02:30 AM
    It's funny. I felt the same way. When I went to sell a phone and I removed the case, I missed how it felt naked. My G6 is usually naked now. I don't drop my phone's often. I've only ever cracked one phone screen and that was my iPhone 4, 5 years ago. The G6 feels great without a case. All depends on the clumsiness factor of it's holder lol
    05-23-2017 10:02 AM
    Do you need the case at work?
    I work in an office, so the most common thing that could happen would be I spill coffee on the phone.
    Yes. I work in a factory.

Last time I didn't I bumped into a metal bar and chipped the corner of my phone, I think it was my BlackBerry Torch.
    05-23-2017 10:27 AM
    It's funny. I felt the same way. When I went to sell a phone and I removed the case, I missed how it felt naked. My G6 is usually naked now. I don't drop my phone's often. I've only ever cracked one phone screen and that was my iPhone 4, 5 years ago. The G6 feels great without a case. All depends on the clumsiness factor of it's holder lol
    Exactly.

Besides I wonder how much does it really hurt me if there's a chipped or scratched?

I know I'll be different if I crack it but I think it's worth the risk using it naked even if it's just half the time.
    05-23-2017 10:38 AM
    People (well, some) are fun to feel (and stare at) when they're naked. Phones,... I could give a sh...!
    kct1975 likes this.
    05-23-2017 11:18 AM
    I use a thin case, always have so it's not all that different than without. BTW...I drop my phone all the time, sometimes 3 times a day. I just have little regard for it and it gets abused, I work construction. With that said I don't buy into this Otterbox massive case thing or similar. Literally I've dropped this phone on cement, gravel, ceramic, puddles, tumbled around my van, gets thinset glopped on it, glue/adhesives and whatever else you could throw at it, and they've always worked fine...albeit a bit beat up at the time I move on but the thin case has always been enough. I have the S7 and had the G4 before this. FWIW anyway.
    05-23-2017 08:20 PM
    What a great rule you had, OP! I always have a case on my phones, but they're almost always slim cases/skins so the barely-there feel is really nice. I'm too afraid to use my Honor 8 naked but I LOVE the feel of it without a case. Perhaps I'll give your rule a try!
    kct1975 likes this.
    05-23-2017 10:48 PM
    I use thin TPU cases and OEM apple silicone cases on my iphone. I never take them off. They are just too slick without them. I find the added grip with the cases improves ergonomics.
    05-29-2017 11:43 AM
    I always keep mine in a case until the phone is obsolete.
    05-30-2017 10:07 AM
    What a great rule you had, OP! I always have a case on my phones, but they're almost always slim cases/skins so the barely-there feel is really nice. I'm too afraid to use my Honor 8 naked but I LOVE the feel of it without a case. Perhaps I'll give your rule a try!
    Same here!

Personally I have a Nexus 6 and have a slim clear case.

And I too, never take it off.
    06-06-2017 08:47 PM