Looking for a new phone

britishrocco

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all been a Motorola moto x user since day one, but lately I find my moto x pure, a bit too big for my hand and pocket. Looking for a new phone, droped the list to three phone and not sure wich one to get.

-Google pixel

Pro: perfect size
Stock Android
Fast update

Con: price. But it's a flagship phone and will probably keep it's value

-LG G5

Pro: well made

Con: almost the same size as my Moto x Pure

-Motorola Moto G5

Pro: cheaper
Read good reviews about it
Loved the size
Near stock Android

Con: is sure not a flagship phone and will be outdated in two years, but am questioning myself about the necessity of spending 300$ on a phone.

If you've got other candidates feel free to tell me about them. Took a quick look at the Sony Xperia XA1 but not sure about sony and I don't really love the Samsung.

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a new pho e

Have you checked out the G6? It feels much more manageable in hand than the Moto X Pure. There's also been some great deals on the G6, not to mention the phone is awesome lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a new pho e

Hello! I would say it would be a tossup between the Moto and G5. Both will be at great values now! Let us know what you decide!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Might get the moto, been a moto user since 2013, not sure I want to pay 500$ for a phone

Sometimes it's best to stick to the brand you know and love. All the software will be similar and you know the type of product you getting. Nothing wrong with getting the Moto G5. It's got 3GB ram with a 1080p display. 😃 That sounds pretty good to me.

The $600+ devices you pay for 'new features' and the latest technology but slowly over time, all that tech makes its way into cheaper devices. Let us know if you get the Moto device. Maybe even post some photos? 😃

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It just sucks that the moto g5 n't have the nfc

Is that something you will use everyday? 😃 it's definitely very popular with mobile payments. I personally don't use NFC for anything so its not a deal breaker for me.

You could always increase the screen size from 5.0" to 5.2 with the Moto G5 Plus and that has NCF on some models. The .2" larger isn't a huge amount.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I noticed you said you don't really feel like spending $500 on a phone and you don't really like Sony and Samsung and also you don't like big phablet sized phones.
So this leaves you with a few options like
Moto G5 - Good price, good specs, will get updates for one year.
Don't worry about it getting outdated as long as it still does what you want it to, it doesn't matter.

Huwaei Honor 8 Lite
Same size as G5 due to smaller bezels , $300, better specs than G5, overall pretty good option. Has a fingerprint sensor, more ram and storage. Good deal.

There's also a Moto G5s coming out with dual rear cameras and maybe better processor and fingerprint sensor as well for around $300 so you could wait for it.

Personally i don't understand why you wouldn't consider Sony and Samsung.
Galaxy S7 could be had brand new under $500 and that's a real flagship phone, small bezels, great specs, just an amazing deal really. Smaller even than the G5.

Also Sony Xperia X Performance can be had new under $300 with great specs for the price. I mean you are getting snapdragon 820 chipset. That's fantastic value. Also its 5 inch screen.

I would be so happy if such great deals were available in my country so you should really consider these great deals available to you.

Paul Shipman

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Wait for one week One Plus launching their premium phone for 2017 that is One Plus 5 and it will be in the range of 300$ and best phone of 2017 worth buy.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Wait for one week One Plus launching their premium phone for 2017 that is One Plus 5 and it will be in the range of 300$ and best phone of 2017 worth buy.
Lol don't speak of which you have no idea about. One Plus 5 will not be in the range of $300 but in the range of $500.

britishrocco

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I noticed you said you don't really feel like spending $500 on a phone and you don't really like Sony and Samsung and also you don't like big phablet sized phones.
So this leaves you with a few options like
Moto G5 - Good price, good specs, will get updates for one year.
Don't worry about it getting outdated as long as it still does what you want it to, it doesn't matter.

Huwaei Honor 8 Lite
Same size as G5 due to smaller bezels , $300, better specs than G5, overall pretty good option. Has a fingerprint sensor, more ram and storage. Good deal.

There's also a Moto G5s coming out with dual rear cameras and maybe better processor and fingerprint sensor as well for around $300 so you could wait for it.

Personally i don't understand why you wouldn't consider Sony and Samsung.
Galaxy S7 could be had brand new under $500 and that's a real flagship phone, small bezels, great specs, just an amazing deal really. Smaller even than the G5.

Also Sony Xperia X Performance can be had new under $300 with great specs for the price. I mean you are getting snapdragon 820 chipset. That's fantastic value. Also its 5 inch screen.

I would be so happy if such great deals were available in my country so you should really consider these great deals available to you.
Looing at the huawei p10 lite too, nice size just not sure about the software am used to near sock android

Am not affraid of being outdated since google says that they won't update the pixel after october 2018

Last edited:

Paul Shipman

May 24, 2017
Visit site

britishrocco

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Finally found a used lg g3 in a yard sale for 50$ it comes ith two battery and a otterbox case, gona run this phone a bit till motorala come up with either the moto g5s or a new moto x, really love what motorla is doing with their skin.