I'm curious about this..

If you are able to have a removable/replaceable battery in your current phone without losing anything you have right now.. Would you like to have it over having a fixed one.

You would not have to give up any features that you have on it, the only difference is that one would be removable and easily replaced vs one being non replaceable.

If you vote for the fixed one, please post why if you would please.

Thanks

Mac
    06-16-2017 11:46 PM
    I'd prefer removable, though I don't know whether it is in fact easy, or even possible, for the manufacturers to design a removable-battery phone and a fixed-battery phone to be the same in all other respects.
    06-17-2017 04:41 AM
    I've had both, the answer is easy for me...REMOVABLE. Who wouldn't want the ability to go from 0-100% instantly?
    VN750 likes this.
    06-17-2017 07:00 AM
    I've had both, the answer is easy for me...REMOVABLE. Who wouldn't want the ability to go from 0-100% instantly?
    I dunno... Lol

But there seems to be a consensus of tech writers and reviewers that removable batteries are no longer wanted... OR needed... and it is better to have a Shiney new sealed glass back phone instead.

Mac
    VN750 likes this.
    06-17-2017 07:24 PM
    Without a doubt, user-replaceable for me. I can't imagine not having the freedom to swap out a battery anytime I want to get back to an immediate 100% charge (and not be tied to some charging source) or being able to easily replace a degraded or failing battery (something I've done twice with my Note 4). I refuse to buy into the planned obsolescence of a sealed battery.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-17-2017 08:18 PM
    I'm an advocate for removable batteries, manufacturers who make phones with sealed-in batteries may claim it's to streamline the manufacturing process and cut costs but they also do so as a planned obsolescence policy.

As for the tech media, keep in mind they don't write articles for consumers, they write to appease their editors. Tech writers also don't have to work within the same budgets as most people, their phones are frequently freebies that manufacturers send out. Even for those who do buy their own, those phones are considered to be a job requirement so the costs are tax deductible. As they get a new phone every few months they don't ever have to worry about a batteries use-life so it's a non-issue to them.
    VN750 and J Dubbs like this.
    06-17-2017 08:21 PM
    Hmm hard one for me. I love removable batteries. My current phone is the Moto X Pure and the battery is trash now. I'd love to pull it out and replace it.

On the other hand it seems water resistancy is dependent on a sealed in battery which is also an awesome feature...

Hard choice for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-17-2017 08:36 PM
    I would not want it to be removable, but if my device had removable I would simply not remove it.
    06-22-2017 03:38 PM
    I'm neutral. It's not a feature that I look for in a phone. I can understand why people like having a removable battery.
    Yesterday 10:35 AM
    I love removable batteries because when the phone gets old and the battery starts to become useless, I can simply put in a replacement and everything is good to go again. 😃 Saves me having to go out and purchase another phone.

However, most phones never get used after 3 years (contracts) so having a non removable battery with a higher mAh size is also very useful.
    Yesterday 11:06 AM