About ZAGG products: From a Former Employee

FormerZAGGdude

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Many of you here are probably familiar with products from ZAGG, most notably their InvisibleShield brand of screen protectors for phones and tablets.

Some general advice from someone who worked there for 10 months up until last week:

1. I would only recommend their InvisibleShield products for Apple and Samsung phones. It's not that the InvisibleShields for other phones are inferior, but ZAGG's support for those products is unlikely to last as long as you'd like. The less popular a particular brand/model is, the more likely it is that InvisibleShields for that brand will be out-of-stock, and those items will be discontinued sooner that products for Apple and Samsung, meaning that you may not be able to take advantage of the warranty for as long as you own your device. There are at least two semi-popular, non-Samsung Android phones that are barely a year old, yet InvisibleShields for those phones are no longer available, at least not directly from ZAGG.

2. Galaxy S8/S8+ owners: avoid the InvisibleShield Glass Curve. Go with the HD or Sapphire Defense Curve instead. It doesn't matter how precisely you follow the instructions for installing the Glass Curve; you're still likely to have issues with touch-input sensitivity as well as issues in getting the InvisibleShield to stay attached to the phone. I've performed what I considered to be a perfect installation on my own S8+, only to have it fall off within 2 days. Simply put, it's a poorly designed product.

3. Support for ZAGG keyboards is getting sketchy. Most non-Apple-specific models have been or will soon be discontinued, including products such as the AutoFit (all sizes), Universal, Limitless, and even most Samsung-specific models. Even older Apple models are being discontinued, such as the iPad mini 1st-3rd generation models and the keyboards for the Air and Air 2. And if you weren't aware, keyboards only have a one-year warranty, and ZAGG is starting to crack down on offering replacements for purchases that are more than 30 days out-of-warranty.

These are the biggest customer concerns that I dealt with on a daily basis. Most of the customers I've had the opportunity to serve were actually really nice, so I felt bad when I couldn't help them due to issues such as the ones listed above.

If you're wondering if I'm some kind of disgruntled employee, no, not at all. I enjoyed working for ZAGG and they treated me well. I also think that they could do more to be more consumer-friendly, which is why I made this post.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
A very interesting, informative, and helpful post. Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is in violation of your employment and/or separation agreement, but hey, what the heck... :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I imagine it must be difficult to make a protector for a curved display, which is one of the reasons that I avoid phones with curved displays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34