Verizon data leak

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems Verizon is taking over where yahoo left off after their acquisition with a data breach. Yikes. Went and changed all passwords, would be nice if Verizon would have actually notified people...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Seems Verizon is taking over where yahoo left off after their acquisition with a data breach. Yikes. Went and changed all passwords, would be nice if Verizon would have actually notified people...

Same here. I know right. At least an email. Probably get notice from them a week after it happened lmao.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I know right. At least an email. Probably get notice from them a week after it happened lmao.

It should be mandatory these companies put out an email or something to at least let people know. They are going to be in hot water if someone does get compromised and they essentially pulled a yahoo and sat on the fact they had a breach.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When this happened to T-Mobile a few years ago, they had a notice when you logged into your account online PLUS, I remember getting an email plus a notice in the regular mail about it.

They also offered a free year of credit monitoring to anyone who wanted it.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
From Droid Life referenced article:
We’ve independently confirmed with Verizon that this is a wireline issue and that it does not directly involve wireless customers. I say “not directly” because a Wireline customer could obviously also be a Wireless customer and their Verizon Wireless number could have been exposed if they have it attached to a Wireline account.

So, doesn't affect wireless customers unless you have both services.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It should be mandatory these companies put out an email or something to at least let people know. They are going to be in hot water if someone does get compromised and they essentially pulled a yahoo and sat on the fact they had a breach.

I agree. You know I can't stand the news sometimes but if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't know about this unless it's posted at a place like this lol. Sad ain't it

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
From Droid Life referenced article:
We’ve independently confirmed with Verizon that this is a wireline issue and that it does not directly involve wireless customers. I say “not directly” because a Wireline customer could obviously also be a Wireless customer and their Verizon Wireless number could have been exposed if they have it attached to a Wireline account.

So, doesn't affect wireless customers unless you have both services.

Lmao call me stupid but is a wireline customer? Is that a landline? Sorry.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When this happened to T-Mobile a few years ago, they had a notice when you logged into your account online PLUS, I remember getting an email plus a notice in the regular mail about it.

They also offered a free year of credit monitoring to anyone who wanted it.

I believe that was due to the type of breach. This one I don't think is anything as bad as the T-Mobile one. This one is only VZW account info (mainly --- "phone numbers, names, and some PIN codes publicly available online").

The T-Mobile one was with the Experian (Social Security Number) database .. Hence them offering credit monitoring. From the T-Mobile breach ... "On Sept. 15, 2015 Experian discovered an unauthorized party accessed T-Mobile data housed in an Experian server."

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I believe that was due to the type of breach. This one I don't think is anything as bad as the T-Mobile one. This one is only VZW account info (mainly --- "phone numbers, names, and some PIN codes publicly available online").

The T-Mobile one was with the Experian (Social Security Number) database .. Hence them offering credit monitoring. From the T-Mobile breach ... "On Sept. 15, 2015 Experian discovered an unauthorized party accessed T-Mobile data housed in an Experian server."

Yes, that was what happened. I completely forgot all of that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463