Galaxy App Store Deletes Apps You Paid For

Marco Lorenzo

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I recently moved from Germany to Australia and after resetting my Gear S3 and the Gear app, I managed to get the Gear App store to display in the local region. However, I suddenly noticed that when I go into the My Apps section, none of my previously purchased apps appear.

I've had a lot of back and forth emails with Samsung Support now. In the end, this is what they said:

The Galaxy Apps/Gear Apps server provides purchase history based on your current country.

Therefore, since you live in Australia right now, you will not be able to use the apps you bought in the Galaxy Apps (Germany) store.

If you wish to use the same app, you need to purchase it from the Galaxy Apps (Australia) store.

Since you will still be able to use the purchased apps if you go to Germany, we are not able to offer you a refund.

Does this seem unreasonable to anyone else? Because it's certainly not like this on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store and as far as I know, not the Amazon Appstore. As far as I look at it, I simply shouldn't have to buy an app again just because I moved countries, especially not when that app is available in the new region the same as before. I certainly won't be buying an app again on the Galaxy App Store, especially since I move every few years for work.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Wondering why you reset the S3 and Gear? They wouldn't work there without a reset? I am very surprised that the country makes a difference, that really makes no sense, I agree.

Marco Lorenzo

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I had to reset my Gear S3 because I just bought the Galaxy S8 and in order to pair my Gear S3 to my new phone, the Gear S3 had to be reset. I reset the Gear app because it was still displaying prices in Euro and contents in German. I don't have a German payment method anymore so it would cost me extra money each time I paid with my new Australian credit card. After resetting the Gear app, it's now changed the Galaxy App Store to display in Australian Dollars as well as everything in English but I'm still using the same Samsung account which is why it's so ridiculous that they are making me pay for every app again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae