09-19-2018 07:14 PM
89 1234
tools
    I have the just black 64gb. Came from Samsung s8+ and the only thing I miss is the iris scanner. Other than that I don't regret switching to the pixel 2 xl
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-04-2018 01:54 AM
    Nope... Want it and hope Samsung doesn't abandon it! I have an older 2009 Hyundai Elantra that I use as my beater vehicle and no Android Auto... I use Napster Auto anyways to play music and it won't play through bluetooth no matter what I've tried. So AUX to the rescue! Without a headphone jack on my S9 I'd be screwed.
    05-04-2018 02:12 AM
    I have the just black 64gb. Came from Samsung s8+ and the only thing I miss is the iris scanner. Other than that I don't regret switching to the pixel 2 xl
    The black is super sleek! So glad you are enjoying it!
    05-04-2018 05:41 AM
    +1 for headphone jack
    05-04-2018 01:06 PM
    I own a Pixel 2 and a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. I still miss my headphone jack, even though the Xiaomi ANC USB-C headphones are doing a nice job. I've got a few headphones that would better that I cannot use, and the dongle I bought is so-so.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-04-2018 02:19 PM
    I own a Pixel 2 and a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. I still miss my headphone jack, even though the Xiaomi ANC USB-C headphones are doing a nice job. I've got a few headphones that would better that I cannot use, and the dongle I bought is so-so.
    That's so cool that you have a Mi Mix 2! From where did you buy it, and how are you liking it?
    05-05-2018 09:17 AM
    That's so cool that you have a Mi Mix 2! From where did you buy it, and how are you liking it?
    I got it from a Mobile Nations community member (64GB) version. The phone runs well. It replaces my Mi Note 2, so I'm familiar with Xiaomi. My only complaints are the storage is too small and I'm on the stable ROM (on beta you get weekly updates). Otherwise, it's very nice. Camera is decent. I kinda wish I could get the Mix 2S for the newer processor, camera and Qi, but I may not do all that.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-05-2018 04:30 PM
    My feelings have changed about the headphone jack. I told tonnes of people in here that it's easy just to leave your dingle attached to your favourite pair of headphones then you'll be fine. A month in with my Mate 10 Pro with no headphone jack and I really miss it. I've got a few pairs of Bluetooth headphones but I also have loads lof pairs of wired ones including some really good ones that are in cars or my work van etc etc and it used to be so easy just to grab a pair whenever I needed to but not that's just not possible with the dongle still attached to my favourite headphones in the house
    05-05-2018 04:39 PM
    I got it from a Mobile Nations community member (64GB) version. The phone runs well. It replaces my Mi Note 2, so I'm familiar with Xiaomi. My only complaints are the storage is too small and I'm on the stable ROM (on beta you get weekly updates). Otherwise, it's very nice. Camera is decent. I kinda wish I could get the Mix 2S for the newer processor, camera and Qi, but I may not do all that.
    That's awesome that you got it from a Mobile Nations member! Sounds like a pretty cool phone.
    05-05-2018 05:14 PM
    That's awesome that you got it from a Mobile Nations member! Sounds like a pretty cool phone.
    Yeah, it's someone here I've done a few deals with in the past...so it was all good. It's a nice phone, really. If the camera was a bit better I would have used it as my daily driver. It's not a horrible camera at all, but you know how the Pixel 2 can spoil you photography wise...
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    05-05-2018 09:03 PM
    Yeah, it's someone here I've done a few deals with in the past...so it was all good. It's a nice phone, really. If the camera was a bit better I would have used it as my daily driver. It's not a horrible camera at all, but you know how the Pixel 2 can spoil you photography wise...
    Absolutely! It can do that, for sure.
    05-06-2018 08:32 AM
    Absolutely! It can do that, for sure.
    It certainly has for me. I think the Mi Mix 2's camera is about 60% of the Pixel 2. If it was 75%, I'd retire the Pixel 2 because parts of the audio experience (playing DRM files) is something I can easily do on the Mix 2).

I do lust after a V30 for the audio experience, but LG just doesn't provide software updates near the pace of Xiaomi.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-06-2018 03:41 PM
    only thing I dislike about the pixel is the lack of the headphone jack. and can be upsetting at times
    05-06-2018 06:07 PM
    It certainly has for me. I think the Mi Mix 2's camera is about 60% of the Pixel 2. If it was 75%, I'd retire the Pixel 2 because parts of the audio experience (playing DRM files) is something I can easily do on the Mix 2).

I do lust after a V30 for the audio experience, but LG just doesn't provide software updates near the pace of Xiaomi.
    The V30 is definitely known for fantastic audio experience... Have you been keeping up on the details of the G7? But I do agree with you with regards to LG's update track record...
    05-07-2018 06:26 AM
    The V30 is definitely known for fantastic audio experience... Have you been keeping up on the details of the G7? But I do agree with you with regards to LG's update track record...
    I've seen the G7. Some things about it I like, a lot I don't. It's not even about the notch, but I can get most of the features in the G7 from the V30. I'm sure the cameras are better, but outside of that and the new G button (assistant button), not much warrants me turning it into a daily driver - as much as audio for my commute is #1 for me.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-07-2018 07:41 AM
    Last week the battery in my JBL e50bt ran out. Not a fan.

I hate Apple for starting this nonsense.

I hate carrying adapters.
    05-07-2018 01:47 PM
    I've seen the G7. Some things about it I like, a lot I don't. It's not even about the notch, but I can get most of the features in the G7 from the V30. I'm sure the cameras are better, but outside of that and the new G button (assistant button), not much warrants me turning it into a daily driver - as much as audio for my commute is #1 for me.
    For sure! Sometimes a new flagship, even though it has potential and merit, does not warrant an upgrade. I've heard users state that sometimes a two-year gap warrants an upgrade as opposed to a year.
    KP8819 likes this.
    05-08-2018 06:54 AM
    So now that more phones are losing the headphone jack, has your feelings/opinion on it changed?
    The lack of a 3.5mm jack has stopped a lot of my upgrade options. I simply won't settle for a phone with a silly adapter sticking out of the phone. Imagine, over the years when the USB-C port gets loose, you try to put the phone into your pocket to listen to music while walking, but it keeps falling out....No thanks.
    05-09-2018 03:25 AM
    My feelings have changed about the headphone jack. I told tonnes of people in here that it's easy just to leave your dingle attached to your favourite pair of headphones then you'll be fine. A month in with my Mate 10 Pro with no headphone jack and I really miss it. I've got a few pairs of Bluetooth headphones but I also have loads lof pairs of wired ones including some really good ones that are in cars or my work van etc etc and it used to be so easy just to grab a pair whenever I needed to but not that's just not possible with the dongle still attached to my favourite headphones in the house
    This is exactly the reason I'm considering the Honor View 10.
    05-09-2018 03:28 AM
    For sure! Sometimes a new flagship, even though it has potential and merit, does not warrant an upgrade. I've heard users state that sometimes a two-year gap warrants an upgrade as opposed to a year.
    Yup, although I WANT every new flagship - even ones with minor upgrades/improvements but I'm one to upgrade every 2 years maybe a bit more... I will be intrigued with the S10/X but felt it was time for the S9 since I skipped the S8. The release of the HTC U12 plus in the coming weeks looks good lol - 3450 mAh battery, great looking camera, 845 processor, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage running Android Oreo 8.1... Even as HTC hemorrhages money hopefully this is a winner - but getting back to the point of this thread... NO 3.5mm headphone jack so there goes that for me lol
    Morty2264 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-09-2018 10:30 AM
    Been awhile since I checked in. Still feel the same. I use Bluetooth everywhere so no real need for wired headphones.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-09-2018 05:47 PM
    i use next radio every night - the one that requires the headphones as an antenna!
    05-09-2018 06:45 PM
    The lack of a 3.5mm jack has stopped a lot of my upgrade options. I simply won't settle for a phone with a silly adapter sticking out of the phone. Imagine, over the years when the USB-C port gets loose, you try to put the phone into your pocket to listen to music while walking, but it keeps falling out....No thanks.
    Yep... for real.

The USB-C plug that came with my macbook pro is starting to wear and get that loose feeling. It still works mind you, but its not a firm click or anything that inspires confidence. Whatever retention it came with when new, has worn out a noticeable amount. I can't tell if its the jack or the plug... I think its the plug though.
    05-09-2018 07:00 PM
    Yup, although I WANT every new flagship - even ones with minor upgrades/improvements but I'm one to upgrade every 2 years maybe a bit more... I will be intrigued with the S10/X but felt it was time for the S9 since I skipped the S8. The release of the HTC U12 plus in the coming weeks looks good lol - 3450 mAh battery, great looking camera, 845 processor, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage running Android Oreo 8.1... Even as HTC hemorrhages money hopefully this is a winner - but getting back to the point of this thread... NO 3.5mm headphone jack so there goes that for me lol
    I agree with you! And the U12 does look super amazing - it's too bad that it doesn't have a headphone jack, however!
    KP8819 likes this.
    05-09-2018 07:15 PM
    Yep... for real.

The USB-C plug that came with my macbook pro is starting to wear and get that loose feeling. It still works mind you, but its not a firm click or anything that inspires confidence. Whatever retention it came with when new, has worn out a noticeable amount. I can't tell if its the jack or the plug... I think its the plug though.
    I work in IT and most of us use Macbook Pros in my office. One of the newer members of our team has been provided with one of the new macbooks with usb-c all over it. Same thing is happening to it. Ports becoming loose.

The problem with that is when she tries to plug in any displays, she has to keep unplugging it and putting it back in until the displays actually work.

I do miss micro-usb
    05-10-2018 03:26 AM
89 1234