Has your feelings changed about the headphone jack?

PurpleDragon

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Even though I use bluetooth headphones most of the time, often there are situations when I desperately need headphone jack. So yes, it is pretty much needed nowadays.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
As I type this, my BT headphones are charging on my Power Bank, so guess what I am using for Music? That's right, 3.5mm jack with wired headphones.

Simply cannot change my mind on the 3.5mm jack. It is necessary.

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Has your feelings changed about the headphone jack?

LOL of course not! I still use wired headphones in 2018 and will do so for as long as I humanly can! No company can come to me with their foolishness about how cool and modern it is to omit the headphone jack. It isn't. It's stupid. 😩

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The type c headphones with the P20 Pro are great. If it wasn't for the massive battery on the phone, not being able to charge at the same time would bug me.

DDRC

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
No matter how much I love the headphone jack and it's functionality, I know the trend is to eventually eliminate it as phones become more weather/spill proof.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My Pixel 2 XL is the first phone I have without a headphone jack.
That is not a deal breaker for me,since I actually prefer bluetooth headphones instead of wired headphones.
Its just annoying to me to have a wire going from my headphones to my phone .
So even with my OG Pixel that has a headphone jack I still use the bluetooth headphones over the wired ones.

But at the same time options are a good thing.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Since I've had my pixel 2 XL I do miss it actually but I've gotten over it lol

Absolutely. Since I got my Pixel 2 I find that I'm less upset about the lack of headphone jack than I'd originally thought. But it's something I got over too, as you've said.

What colour Pixel 2 XL did you get, and how are you liking it?

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the just black 64gb. Came from Samsung s8+ and the only thing I miss is the iris scanner. Other than that I don't regret switching to the pixel 2 xl

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Nope... Want it and hope Samsung doesn't abandon it! I have an older 2009 Hyundai Elantra that I use as my beater vehicle and no Android Auto... I use Napster Auto anyways to play music and it won't play through bluetooth no matter what I've tried. So AUX to the rescue! Without a headphone jack on my S9 I'd be screwed.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I own a Pixel 2 and a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. I still miss my headphone jack, even though the Xiaomi ANC USB-C headphones are doing a nice job. I've got a few headphones that would better that I cannot use, and the dongle I bought is so-so.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I own a Pixel 2 and a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. I still miss my headphone jack, even though the Xiaomi ANC USB-C headphones are doing a nice job. I've got a few headphones that would better that I cannot use, and the dongle I bought is so-so.

That's so cool that you have a Mi Mix 2! From where did you buy it, and how are you liking it?

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
That's so cool that you have a Mi Mix 2! From where did you buy it, and how are you liking it?
I got it from a Mobile Nations community member (64GB) version. The phone runs well. It replaces my Mi Note 2, so I'm familiar with Xiaomi. My only complaints are the storage is too small and I'm on the stable ROM (on beta you get weekly updates). Otherwise, it's very nice. Camera is decent. I kinda wish I could get the Mix 2S for the newer processor, camera and Qi, but I may not do all that.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My feelings have changed about the headphone jack. I told tonnes of people in here that it's easy just to leave your dingle attached to your favourite pair of headphones then you'll be fine. A month in with my Mate 10 Pro with no headphone jack and I really miss it. I've got a few pairs of Bluetooth headphones but I also have loads lof pairs of wired ones including some really good ones that are in cars or my work van etc etc and it used to be so easy just to grab a pair whenever I needed to but not that's just not possible with the dongle still attached to my favourite headphones in the house

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got it from a Mobile Nations community member (64GB) version. The phone runs well. It replaces my Mi Note 2, so I'm familiar with Xiaomi. My only complaints are the storage is too small and I'm on the stable ROM (on beta you get weekly updates). Otherwise, it's very nice. Camera is decent. I kinda wish I could get the Mix 2S for the newer processor, camera and Qi, but I may not do all that.

That's awesome that you got it from a Mobile Nations member! Sounds like a pretty cool phone.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
That's awesome that you got it from a Mobile Nations member! Sounds like a pretty cool phone.
Yeah, it's someone here I've done a few deals with in the past...so it was all good. It's a nice phone, really. If the camera was a bit better I would have used it as my daily driver. It's not a horrible camera at all, but you know how the Pixel 2 can spoil you photography wise...