Other than Pixel, what is the best phone to get updates on Android

TechBob

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Could use a recommendation on a phone, other than a Pixel, that gets updates pretty fast and regularly, one that can be expected get the O upgrade fairly quickly. The Pixel is too expensive for a phone that will not be my daily driver. I have an LG V20, but it never gets updates and while it is supposed to get O, I am not sure what century that will be. But if there is something else, perhaps not quite as expensive that has a record of getting updates fairly quickly, please let me know.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
OP, Pixel offers both the fastest software version updates and security patches. If you want both, that's where to go. If you care more about security updates, Blackberry is a good alternative as they typical keep up with the Pixel.

Otherwise, everyone else is a smorgasbord of hit or miss - outside of rooting your phone for the custom ROMs. I have a V20 too and I wish LG was better with taking care of some of their unlocked customers (G6 unlocked is up to June for security patches).

Some may tell you one plus, but...that's if you're on their latest hardware. As a "Small company", they'll prioritize their newer hardware first, but the 3/3T still do solid for updates.

Just depends in what you're looking for, really.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Plus, non-flagship devices get the short end of a stick on updates. If you choose a midranger due to price, you'll less likely get updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12