From my understanding of Samsung Dex, it needs a monitor, mouse and keyboard.

1. Users of Dex, do you just setup a monitor, mouse and keyboard for Dex only? When you are not using Dex, do you use the monitor, mouse and keyboard for other purpose?

2. Can I use Dex to transfer files from phone to Windows 10 PC? (like the function of a usb cable to move/copy files)

3. Can I use my existing Windows 10 desktop monitor, mouse and keyboard with Dex? Do I need to unplug and plug in the monitor, mouse and keyboard cables every time I want to use my Windows 10 desktop and every time I want to use Dex?

4. Do you guys find Samsung SideSync less hassle than Dex?

Thanks
    08-24-2017 09:49 PM
    Just kind of guessing on some things here....since it looks like it needs a connection to a TV/monitor, and I'm guessing a BT keyboard and mouse will work, people could use an HDMI switch. That way they can have the Dex and a PC and not need a dedicated workstation.

That is somewhat similar to my setup; I have a KVM switch for my Keyboard and mouse, and an HDMI switch for one of my monitors.
    08-24-2017 10:08 PM